• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear Lord, help me.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Lord, help me.......

I have been brought into ClientCo to get a hold on the current setup and hand it over to a permie when they have hired someone, was asked if I would I be applying, and if I did its mine considering I am doing the job anyway and its a lot cheaper for them than keeping me contracting.

Normally I say no straight away but this is very close to home, a very good salary for Yorkshire which again nothing new as I have turned down a higher permie salary in London, the thing that makes this different, is I would get DV Clearance with no retention clause meaning I am free to leave once I have it.

Is DV Clearence worth 12-18 months permiedom, have SC at the moment and it seems to not be restricting me too much in the opportunities I am getting?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Have to be careful with DV. Officially it lapses after the gig I believe but it can be transferred within a 12 month window but a decision has to be made to transfer it so isn't as straightforward as SC. Can't see why it would be a problem for anyone 'normal' though. People that like travelling to odd countries or have a habit of picking up police cautions in between contracts etc may struggle I guess.

I had DV many moons ago and I found it didn't really help. Did a number of normal gigs before I found one that was my skillset requiring it and by then it had lapsed.

It certainly gives you chance at the roles none cleared people can go for but it certainly didn't seem there were endless roles I could pick from. I thought it was a licence to print money just before I left permiedom and in my particular situation this wasn't the case at all.

I am sure someone with SC or DV will come along in a minute and tell you they have been in end to end contractors for years just due to the security clearance though.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I would get DV Clearance
      You would not get it if can't keep your mouth shut about such sensitive things

Comment

Permie scum.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Permie scum.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post

He's going to be there all day now.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              He's going to be there all day now.
              Is there a reason you linked MF a mirror that is fatter around middle?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Is there a reason you linked MF a mirror that is fatter around middle?
                It is exact shape of MFs head, he has got big ears ...

Comment

DV is worth a lot in contracting terms, and if you plan to be a contractor for a long time to come, then its worth it.

18 months is nothing.

Comment

Another one bites the dust
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X