• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two days to go - another addition to the family.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two days to go - another addition to the family.

Wednesday is the day.....

Must admit this planned C section is a lot more convenient for us contractors. Although won't be happy if I take a day off Wednesday and it gets delayed! LOL.

Week off after that. Expensive time - no billing just £140 off the government (for the week!).

Client usual shambles. Wanted me to do an upgrade Tuesday evening - umm, no thank you. Fully expect them to realise they can't cope without me for the week. Might be good sign for upcoming extension at end of June.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Planned Sunroof jobs are so civilized, we dropped the eldest two off with her mother, stopped off for breakfast on the way to the hospital (just a shame she wasn't allowed to eat anything ), good luck and all the best!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

we are doing it old skool, way wife is we may beat you to Wednesday.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Planned Sunroof jobs are so civilized, we dropped the eldest two off with her mother, stopped off for breakfast on the way to the hospital (just a shame she wasn't allowed to eat anything ), good luck and all the best!
        Yeh. Much better.

Although, it is a little early - 36 weeks but at least we've known for a week or two now....

Been warning the client for months and told them of plans when I knew. Still didnt stop them organising stuff at last minute. Oh well not my problem after 5-30 tomorrow if its not done.

Comment

Forget any talk abut "too posh to push" tosh...C sections are the preferred delivery choice for consultant obstetricians when having their own kids even when there is no medical justification... ask yourself why would that be
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Forget any talk abut "too posh to push" tosh...C sections are the preferred delivery choice for consultant obstetricians when having their own kids even when there is no medical justification... ask yourself why would that be
            it keeps the pipe work tight?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              it keeps the pipe work tight?
              that's a useful side effect but more to do with the removal of any possibility of trauma to the child during passage through the birth canal (Cerebral palsy etc)
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                To be fair, my Mrs has had a multitude of health problems the last few months so it was the best option in any case.

The Mrs is a nurse though and knows the staff are told to push the VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarian) thing though. It gets a bit irritating after a while.
                As you said, planned C is a walk in the park. Virtually no risk. Attempted normal birth and then emergency C is not cool.

But, of course, theatre time is expensive and C section is massively more expensive than normal birth. Worries me that sometimes things seem to be determined based on cost rather than medical need sometimes....

Comment

Well, that was a bit of surprise result.

C section planned for Wednesday cancelled at 5pm Tuesday night. Mainly due to completely useless anaethetist no bothering to speak to wife's chest consultant. (Usual story with NHS - lack of any sort of forward thinking).

Wife was not impressed to say the least. But, went into labour anyway (probably due to all the stress!) at 3am and by 6-30am, new daugher was born. 6lb 14oz. Bit of a quick effort by the mrs, but all worked out well in the end.

Poor thing (daughter that is) been in scbu today but should be out tomorrow....

Best thing is by midday on the wednesday, client was struggling without me and leaving messages on my mobile. Hmmmm - a little busy sorry.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                    X