• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So long old watch, you've lasted a long time.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long old watch, you've lasted a long time.

But attempting to change your battery irritated me so much I just had to use the Mallet o'Understanding.

You want to get yourself one of these instead - AGENT: The World's Smartest Watch by Secret Labs + House of Horology — Kickstarter
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've not had a watch since 1988. I'm surrounded by ways for finding out the time. I have a phone with a clock on it. I sit at a computer with a clock in the corner. My car has a clock, and there is one next to my bed, one in my telly, one on the microwave and another on the wall in our kitchen. I don't need to carry another device that simply tells me the time.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I had to throw away my 13th birthday present digital watch recently after it finally died for good after 28 years of service. I felt quite sad.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I had to throw away my 13th birthday present digital watch.
          I lost the watch I got on my 13th birthday.
          It's alarm was set to sound daily, and even to this day I imagine it is playing the "yellow rose of texas" at the bottom of the sound of Mull, where I was on holiday at the time, leaning over the railing of a boat..

Comment

in the early 90's I used to work with a guy who seemd not to be able to comprehend the fact that I could exist without having a watch. Back then I didn't have a car or phone and as I worked in support, I was away from my desk for long periods, so no access to the little clock in the corner of the screen. Afer a while you get quite good at just knowing waht the time is. He'd put this to the test and I'd usually be the odd minute out, not bang on, but close enough. When he asked me how I knew I told him that I check the time when I leave home and then for the rest of the day I count. Periodically I reset my counting if I'm near a clock, but generally I spend most of my day counting. His response was to say that was bollocks and that if he asked me the time in 10 mins that I wouldn't know it! Hmmm Time now + 10 mins?
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
              I've not had a watch since 1988. I'm surrounded by ways for finding out the time. I have a phone with a clock on it. I sit at a computer with a clock in the corner. My car has a clock, and there is one next to my bed, one in my telly, one on the microwave and another on the wall in our kitchen. I don't need to carry another device that simply tells me the time.
              It can also be a chunk of good looking and decorative metal, glass and leather. Most women appreciate a good watch on a man
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                I always like to know what time it is, and miss my watch if I forget to put it on. Can't see the clock at night without putting my glasses on and then climbing over the other side of the bed. Don't like having to check my phone - I hate the idea of having to take my phone places anyway, as people like clients can get hold of me.

I want a decent smart watch which will tell me the time, show me text messages as they arrive, and tell me who has just emailed me. That way I can ignore them all in one place rather than needing two or more
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  It can also be a chunk of good looking and decorative metal, glass and leather. Most women appreciate a good watch on a man
                  Some women appreciate tattoos of winged skulls on a man. Doesn't seem like a good enough reason to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Doesn't look so good if the man has bony girl arms.

I don't wear a watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X