• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension for one who contracts via limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pension for one who contracts via limited company

Hello!

I am contracting via my limited company (i.e. I am paying myself salary as director + dividends) and I'd like to open a pension program for myself.

As I understand, all I need is to open a pension program somewhere and make monthly payments from the company's bank account?

I tried Aviva, but on their website it is written you need to apply via financial adviser and I don't want to have any affairs with third parties.

Can you please advice the best way of opening a pension?

Many thanks...

Originally posted by anddrew View Post

Many thanks...
    Buy a flat.

Then buy another flat.

Then buy another flat.

Buy a pension and you'll be getting your trousers pulled down every single day.

Comment

Hello!

I am contracting via my limited company (i.e. I am paying myself salary as director + dividends) and I'd like to open a pension program for myself.

As I understand, all I need is to open a pension program somewhere and make monthly payments from the company's bank account?

I tried Aviva, but on their website it is written you need to apply via financial adviser and I don't want to have any affairs with third parties.

Many thanks...
      Right....... so you don't want a professional to look in to it for you but you are happy to ask a bunch of winkers in General... Good luck with that.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hello!

Many thanks...
        I opened a SIPP through Hargreaves Lansdown | ISAs, SIPPs, funds and shares | Share dealing, would recommend them to anyone
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Hello!

Many thanks...
          Use the search for "pensions" and read the posts.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X