• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guinea Pigs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guinea Pigs

BBC News - Could I bring myself to eat a guinea pig?

EDIT: Damn, I couldn't tag "guinea pigs" to this post!!
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Had Cuy a couple of times when I was in Peru. Bit gamey IIRC. Alpaca on the other hand is fantastic and very low cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
      BBC News - Could I bring myself to eat a guinea pig?

EDIT: Damn, I couldn't tag "guinea pigs" to this post!!
      Yeah some evil sod has stopped it! However how's yer latin?
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Had Cuy a couple of times when I was in Peru. Bit gamey IIRC. Alpaca on the other hand is fantastic and very low cholesterol.
        an old colleague reared Alpaca's, and used ot sell their 'coat'. I mentioned that people ate these things in South America and he got a bit upset.

I reckon it's a fair plan B, with the right marketing. Just don't let anyone pet one, before you sell them a leg.

Comment

Gotta be a big fat KUATB there
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            an old colleague reared Alpaca's, and used ot sell their 'coat'. I mentioned that people ate these things in South America and he got a bit upset.

I reckon it's a fair plan B, with the right marketing. Just don't let anyone pet one, before you sell them a leg.
            Aye, Baby Alpaca wool is lovely. I have a scarf made of it. Even softer is Vicuñas wool but it's incredibly expensive as they don't domesticate (IYKWIM) as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Yeah some evil sod has stopped it! However how's yer latin?
              It is done oh Fluffy One

Comment

I don't see a problem eating them. We eat lamb and they are quite cute!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

How do you make the mental leap from cute pet to delicious meal?
                  Simples. Marinade it and shove a skewer through it.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Simples. Marinade it and shove a skewer through it.
                    Doesn't it need a shave at some stage, or the fur will soak up the marinade.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X