• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holidays vs invoicing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holidays vs invoicing

Hi.

It's this time of the year and the SO keep pushing for a break.
    My contract runs all the way till November and it requires me to be in the office for every day I bill for.
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to how to play it - I'm sure many of you are in the same situation that they stand to lose far more by not billing for 5 or 10 days that the actual cost of package holidays is not that much of a consideration.
    Given that late November is probably not the best time to go on holidays with a family on this hemisphere, I still think I'll give in and take a break for at least a week.
    What does the hivemind think, better to take a break now or keep invoicing while I still can?
    Take a break. Live a little.
    66.67%
    Keep calm and carry on invoicing while you can.
    33.33%

Do you have kids? If not take some winter sun somewhere, when I am in contract I don't take any holiday

Ignore that, you won't get any advice with a poll like that
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It's not an either / or.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Do you have kids? If not take some winter sun somewhere, when I am in contract I don't take any holiday

Ignore that, you won't get any advice with a poll like that
        No AndyW option
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Utter rubbish, sockies are getting worse and worse.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
            Hi.

It's this time of the year and the SO keep pushing for a break.
            My contract runs all the way till November and it requires me to be in the office for every day I bill for.
            I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to how to play it - I'm sure many of you are in the same situation that they stand to lose far more by not billing for 5 or 10 days that the actual cost of package holidays is not that much of a consideration.
            Given that late November is probably not the best time to go on holidays with a family on this hemisphere, I still think I'll give in and take a break for at least a week.
            What does the hivemind think, better to take a break now or keep invoicing while I still can?
            There are other hemispheres.. or just somewhere closer to the equator would be hot and sunny during November

Or just take the time off and put the loss down to costs of being alive and having a family
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              No AndyW option
              AndyW is yasockies ex (and was better in bed (and a more considerate partner(who took her on holidays (and got on with her mother))))
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Its either this:

(*)

or this:

(*) See what I did there? Clever eh? Maybe not
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  It's not an either / or.
                  For me it really is as the client is quite a few miles from home and I only get home for weekends.
                  I'd really tried to figure out a flexible working arrangement but with this client it's a no-go. The obvious answer is to find a better/more flexible client but insofar, in therms of raw $$$ saved, the current one is the bees knees...

Comment

if the kids are pre-school age go some where before the end of June for a week as it's likely to be cheaper.

If they are school age then you probably are going to struggle to find somewhere to go in the school holidays but if you book now you can get somewhere for a week.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X