• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear™ : Worst June ever for UK finances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear™ : Worst June ever for UK finances

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5197958.stm
    Mr Brown may break his promise of meeting borrowing targets
    UK public finances suffered their worst June on record, figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

Government borrowing rose to £7.3bn in June from £6.2bn during the same month last year - significantly higher than analysts' forecasts of £6.5bn.

Meanwhile, the current budget deficit stood at £6.4bn, £1.7bn higher than at the same time last year.

Douglas McWilliams, chief executive of the Centre for Economics and Business Research added that as well as tighter control of public spending, the Chancellor might also look to raise tax revenues.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

nice use of the brand Hyper.

Milan.

Comment

Which do you think is the most likely?

"as well as tighter control of public spending, the Chancellor might also look to raise tax revenues. "

Comment

Originally posted by A shed load of Daleks
        Which do you think is the most likely?

"as well as tighter control of public spending, the Chancellor might also look to raise tax revenues. "
        The former is a forgone conclusion, and he's never needed an excuse for the latter anyway.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's not borrowing, it's investment.

Comment

The chancellor is of no use to us.

Ex-ter-min-ate!

Comment

He will just change the start and end dates of the accounting period and then adjust his predictions to match the reality claiming that some war in Iraq has caused unforseen changes
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by TwinGoldDaleks
                The chancellor is of no use to us.

Ex-ter-min-ate!
                And there was me thinking how coldly logical daleks were.

I'd have thought an alive and kicking Chancellor (or PM) Gordon Brown with his irresistable ability to turn independent, sharp minded, competitive working people into subserviant quiverring zombies; was part 'n parcel of the Daleks Final Solution (DFS).

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                  nice use of the brand Hyper.

Milan.
                  Thanks!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                  X