• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying vehicle - Which one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying vehicle - Which one

Ok, we’re buying a bit of land, and we’ll need a good commercial vehicle to pootle about picking stuff up, animals etc.

Now, obviously this is going to be a company purchase, so I am caught in a mind as to what to buy. The GL will be sold, I don’t want a landy, as they’re going to be replaced with something far funkier, and I can’t wait for that.

Current thinking, as it will also need to carry peeps and dogs, is either a pick up (like the new Ranger Wildtrak), or a VW T5 Kombi 4Motion (titter ye not, the 4Motion is considered to be one of the best there is) with diff locks.

Price wise, they’re about 3k apart (after negotiations), with the kombi being slightly more expensive, but with better discount, and much better residuals. VW can take two pallets and the Wildtrak 1.

12 month delivery on the Wildtrak and 22 week on the 4Motion Kombi.

What would you buy, out of those two. I am completely torn.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Shirley you should be going for a Toyota Hilux. Unstoppable, unbreakable things.
      Plus you can look like the chap from "The Fall Guy".

Comment

Dodge Ram V8 Hemi IMO...... If you are going to go big you might as well go BIG....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Je ne suis pas un fermier francais MTT.

I just don’t like the Toyotas though, just don’t. It was the first truck to be discounted from the discussion I have been having with myself.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Dodge Ram V8 Hemi IMO...... If you are going to go big you might as well go BIG....
            It’s got to be diesel (obviously, in case any, ahem, pink stuff falls into its tank...), and obviously be able to circumnavigate the lanes in the south hams, which a Dodge Ram will not!

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Call that big?

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Get Passat with 4Motion.

I hear Milan is selling ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Get Passat with 4Motion.
                    I wouldn't buy a car that's named after going for a dump 4 times a day.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X