• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Conjecture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conjecture

People with long hardly-pronounceable names look for jobs longer.

WDYT?

Don't think so

I think it's the other way round, unless you see awkward names as some sort of proxy for racism.

Actually for most of my life I guess 1/3 of people manage to say my name wrong which is impressive, but not in a good way.
    My 12 year old is walking 26 miles for Cardiac Risk in the Young, you can sponsor him here

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
      I think it's the other way round, unless you see awkward names as some sort of proxy for racism.

Actually for most of my life I guess 1/3 of people manage to say my name wrong which is impressive, but not in a good way.
      I have told people how to spell my name and they have got it wrong.

Comment

When I was trying to find a childminder, I rang everyone on the list before the minder I ended up with, because I wasn't sure how to pronounce her name. If anyone else had vacancies, she wouldn't have got my business. Maybe that's why she did have vacancies. (She turned out to be an excellent minder despite her odd name!)

Comment

If I had a quid for every time I have had to spell my surname, I wouldn't be working.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic Connor View Post
            Smith,is that you matey?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              When I was trying to find a childminder, I rang everyone on the list before the minder I ended up with, because I wasn't sure how to pronounce her name. If anyone else had vacancies, she wouldn't have got my business. Maybe that's why she did have vacancies. (She turned out to be an excellent minder despite her odd name!)
              Was her name a mixture of a flower and a point on the compass?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                No it was a mixture of a plasticine figure and 'not very many'.

Comment

Originally posted by p3t3 View Post
                  People with long hardly-pronounceable names look for jobs longer.

WDYT?
                  You mean like bob shawadiwadi ?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    lavendernorthbynortheast

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    No it was a mixture of a plasticine figure and 'not very many'.
                    Morphew

Comment

Working...
                    X