• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone working in "Machine Learning"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone working in "Machine Learning"?

Seems to me that Machine learning is bringing together the things I enjoy most workwise: algorithmic programming and statistical modelling.
    Especially with Bayesian techniques coming to the fore recently, which are more computationally intensive than frequentist methods.
    Anyone working in this area commercially?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I guess the answer is no, then. So not much going on commercially otherwise you guys would be on it like a rash, eh?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Most papers in the ArXiv Computer Science category seem in that area in one form or another.

So evidently a lot of people are working in it, although many if not most will be academics.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Seems to me, "machine learning" = "pragmatic AI" or subset of AI.
        And this time interestingly, stats techniques (particularly Bayes) are at the fore.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Seems to me that Machine learning is bringing together the things I enjoy most workwise: algorithmic programming and statistical modelling.
          Especially with Bayesian techniques coming to the fore recently, which are more computationally intensive than frequentist methods.
          Anyone working in this area commercially?
          Not in it commercially yet but it is something which I am studying for future use.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I know two researchers in genetics working on it. But the only commercial version of it that I'm aware of is Watson.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'll be out of IT before it becomes more mainstream.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I know two researchers in genetics working on it. But the only commercial version of it that I'm aware of is Watson.
                Commercial version of what?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I read an article in either sciam or Comm. ACM about netflix using it to make recommendations.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm working on machine learning.

I'm currently teaching my vacuum cleaner how to love.

Comment

Working...
                    X