• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This is a disaster; time for a meeting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a disaster; time for a meeting!

Met Office to hold summit on unusual UK weather - Telegraph
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

They could start by turning off the flipping great football pitch of a supercomputer that they have down there. That was supposed to be big enough to change the climate on its own!!!

Comment

Glad they are at last doing summit about it.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        They could start by turning off the flipping great football pitch of a supercomputer that they have down there. That was supposed to be big enough to change the climate on its own!!!

It has it's own sub station you know. But the entire building is without A/C - Good design.

Comment

Already sussed that conundrum
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

It has it's own sub station you know. But the entire building is without A/C - Good design.
            Its two of them is it?

I suppose it could be worse, they could be forcing the water through the central heating systems like our mates in Cheltenham used to do, In order to help cool their toys. Middle of summer 30 degrees outside and the central heating on full to help cool a Cray

Comment

Its two of them is it?

I suppose it could be worse, they could be forcing the water through the central heating systems like our mates in Cheltenham used to do, In order to help cool their toys. Middle of summer 30 degrees outside and the central heating on full to help cool a Cray
              Yes, massive boys too.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Yes, massive boys too.
                I knew they had some big old toys, but whenever I get a call about working down there the rates always come in at some side of pathetic compared to the skills they want... Last I heard they wanted an Openstack Architect for less than 300 a day...

Comment

I knew they had some big old toys, but whenever I get a call about working down there the rates always come in at some side of pathetic compared to the skills they want... Last I heard they wanted an Openstack Architect for less than 300 a day...
                  I was offered London money to work there. So I did

Got my DV there too!

Comment

They are trying to prove the concept that if you put a block of ice in an oven, its melts and then makes the oven freeze by hiding the heat
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X