• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cyclists Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyclists Again

Next time a cyclist tries to undertake as I'm indicating while turning left I'm not gonna hit the brakes.

Carry on.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Next time a cyclist tries to undertake as I'm indicating while turning left I'm not gonna hit the brakes.

Carry on.
    You need my automatic passenger door opener
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Ditto the next time I'm about to pass one and without looking he swings out in front of me to turn left.

I must admit, although it's non-PC, that this sudden surge of them is starting to get on my tits.

Comment

Don't forget to tweet about it after the event!
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

It's murder in Dublin, they block the bus lane and frustrate the driver no end and he ends up in a right mood!

Comment

To be fair it works both ways though. I've lost count of the times drivers have overtaken me when I'm doing ~ 30mph and nearly caused accidents with oncoming traffic because they can't stand being behind a cyclist for a few seconds.

Then you also have the idiot motorists who hare past you and then brake sharply before turning across right in front of you. As a cyclist that's WAY more dangerous.

Note: I've seen lots of pretty dumb cyclists too and they're probably doing their bit to reduce the gene pool eg. Cycling on the road, at night, with no lights, in dark clothes, listening to an iPod, with no hands on the bars.
            And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Agree above. As a cyclist, biker, car driver (and pilot! ) some cyclists are total arses, no spatial awareness and wonder why they get T-boned doing the above stupid manoeuvres as Clippy said.

Still, there are some motorists who are determined above all costs to overtake cyclists regardless of their position on the road. The classics I've experienced:

Overtaking me on the other side of the road coming up to a blind hairpin, a car comes around the hairpin horn blaring and motorists pulls sharply left into me. Fortunately I had braked in anticipation. Young lad.

Motorists who overtake cyclists 10 yards from a junction at the last minute, just because they have this overwhelming urge to do so, and then slam on the brakes and cut you up in the process. Road bikes are doing 20+ mph. Normally yummy mummies and white van drivers.

Oh and cyclists who have insufficient lights on in poor light - retarded ****wits.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

The craziest one I saw was a cyclist bombing down Havant High Street at 6pm, like a bat out of hell, zipping round the hairpin bend from North Street to East Street and just round the corner, where he couldn't have seen before the turn, over a zebra crossing at what must have been 40 MPH.

If he'd crashed into an old granny in the middle of the crossing, or any pedestrian for that matter, they'd probably have both been killed or at least seriously injured.

And this wasn't some clueless young jack the lad but a professional looking racer, thin as a whippet, dressed up to the nines in lycra, and with a water bottle strapped to his head or wherever these nutters keep them. You'd think he would have known better.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

My pet hates are:-

1. The cyclists who refuse to use perfectly good cycle paths and instead insist on riding on the duel carriageway holding up traffic.

2. The mad buggers cycling along Embankment who think the other cyclists in the blue lane are too slow so they cycle in the car lanes pulling sharply in front of cars.

3. When I am walking; female cyclists with very short skirts who distract me and cause me to bump into lamp posts.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    My pet hates are:-

1. The cyclists who refuse to use perfectly good cycle paths and instead insist on riding on the dual carriageway holding up traffic.
                    I do this. Mainly because those cycle lanes are usually full of detritus, pot holes, parked cars, or pedestrians milling about.

Also
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X