• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

File recovery software?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File recovery software?

Can anyone recommend software to recover deleted/perhaps even corrupted files from HDs? I understand this kind of sofware has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years and also fallen in price dramatically - anyone know a good one?

OnTrack data recover. 130 quid but excellent. Brings files back with the original filename too. recovered about 95% of my drive recently

Comment

That reminds me. Time for a backup.

Comment

RStudio is highly recommended - http://www.r-studio.com/

Comment

PropertyCrashUK - what an appropriate name!

I've got a 10k rpm seagate cheetah in this box that has been making funny sounds through the hot bits over the last couple of weeks. backup time too!
          Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Disk Commander from Winternals :

http://www.winternals.com/Products/A...k/Default.aspx

ERD Commander as a software bundle is one of my favourites. Now they have beed aquired by Micro$$oft and I think in the future there will be no more winternals good software...
            The rest is silence...

Comment

There will still be great software. It's just the freeware will cost £500 a copy now.

Comment

There's something called O&O DiskRecovery with this month's Computer Shopper. No idea what it's like but free is always a good start for me.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                X