• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid part 2?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid part 2?

I have now booked to do the Brutal double iron man on 21/22 September.

The Brutal Extreme Triathlons

Starts with 4.8 mile swim. Then 224 mile cycle(8*28miles) - including 3 miles of ascent/descent. Then climb up and down Snowdon at 3am(9 miles). Then another 8 laps of 5.3 mile loop. So about 51.5 miles.

13.5 weeks to go. During which I celebrate my 50th Birthday.

Though of course my immediate aim is to beat Dallas at Midnight(wo)man.

Comment

Well it looks like you won't be celebrating your 51st!

Comment

Why?

Are you mad?

ok now I understand

Comment

That´s a stupid thing to do Brillo, a very stupid thing...

good luck.....go for it
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

"...This involves cycling 224 miles through stunning scenery and over brutal hills, you will continue to cycle in darkness and finally get back to transition. If you survive the ride..."

I like the "if" qualifier.

Good luck Brillo!
            Last edited by SantaClaus; 17 June 2013, 21:58.
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Starts with 4.8 mile swim. Then 224 mile cycle(8*28miles) - including 3 miles of ascent/descent. Then climb up and down Snowdon at 3am(9 miles). Then another 8 laps of 5.3 mile loop. So about 51.5 miles.

Best of luck. You'll be alright; you must be pretty bloody fit by now.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

One question.

Why?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  One question.

Why?
                  Why not?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Why?
                    Because he can.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X