• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

life insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

life insurance

Just looking at this. Do you have it? How much do you pay? Do you have loads or just enough to cover the mortgage?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

After a huge argument last week my wife insisted I get extra life insurance. She also insists that almonds are a new miracle food and everything now tastes of them.

Should I be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Just looking at this. Do you have it? How much do you pay? Do you have loads or just enough to cover the mortgage?
      Don't have any then again don't have a mortgage. Isn't holding life insurance usually part of your mortgage contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
        Don't have any then again don't have a mortgage. Isn't holding life insurance usually part of your mortgage contract?
        No idea I don't have a mortgage either, just concerned about leaving my kids high and dry if I croak. Warchest isn't that big that it will last 20 years.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I have term assurance which IIRC runs out when the kids are aged 25 ish.

After that, they're on their own!

Comment

Pretty cheap and worth it I reckon. I pay around £55 a month for 1 million. Organised with legal and general through contractor financials and I pay it via Ltd co.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Pretty cheap and worth it I reckon. I pay around £55 a month for 1 million. Organised with legal and general through contractor financials and I pay it via Ltd co.
              WOW! That is cheap.

I thought the old rule of thumb was £10 per £100k

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                No I don't. But Suity's wife & I have insured him for £5 million quid for accidental death by a piano falling from 20 floors up in a Dusseldorf hotel. What are the chances hey?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've got a friends life policy to cover the mortgage, and a separate life cover with pru. Think am convinced will die very soon.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    Fook that is cheap!
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X