• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Multi-car insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-car insurance

Planning to upgrade my car but want to keep current one for sentimental value - it appears that it is not possible to use NCB on all cars, only on one - at least with Admiral

Is this common? Any other multi-car friendly insurance provider?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Planning to upgrade my car but want to keep current one for sentimental value - it appears that it is not possible to use NCB on all cars, only on one - at least with Admiral

There are plenty multi car household policies, but I haven't ever found one of being able to use one set of NCB on multiple cars, despite only being able to drive one car at a time.

Comment

Currently running 3 cars and have the same issue. I have 8 years ncb but can only apply it to 1 car. Thieves!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        There are plenty multi car household policies, but I haven't ever found one of being able to use one set of NCB on multiple cars, despite only being able to drive one car at a time.
        If you drove Car A with NCB of X, then buying Car B (more expensive than A) and insuring it using multi-car insurance, and they give choice which car should NCB be used for then is using Car B ok for NCB purposes?!?!

Comment

Very nice. Splashing the cash I see.

What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Very nice. Splashing the cash I see.
            Current banger is 10 years old...

Comment

Current banger is 10 years old...
              You ******* paedo!!!!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How to arrange Fleet / Motor Trader policy to cover multiple cars on a single policy
                1. Make out you are a part time car trader (trading from your home premises family run business wife and kids help out)
                2. Say you have been paying another trader to collect or demo cars but now you want this to change
                3. They will ask what sort of cars you buy - say family saloons/ small city cars ...
                4. They will want details of any existing cars give them yours and any other cars in the household
                5. Type of cover ..fire and theft is best option they will ask for a max cash limit of payout in such an event.... think it starts at £5000
                6. Put anyone you want on the policy have them down as business partners not employees this way they also earn no claims bonus -
                7. Type of cover you need motor trade / social domestic / commuting to work covers the lot that way

...allegedly

HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  How to arrange Fleet / Motor Trader policy to cover multiple cars on a single policy
                  1. Make out you are a part time car trader (trading from your home premises family run business wife and kids help out)
                  2. Say you have been paying another trader to collect or demo cars but now you want this to change
                  3. They will ask what sort of cars you buy - say family saloons/ small city cars ...
                  4. They will want details of any existing cars give them yours and any other cars in the household
                  5. Type of cover ..fire and theft is best option they will ask for a max cash limit of payout in such an event.... think it starts at £5000
                  6. Put anyone you want on the policy have them down as business partners not employees this way they also earn no claims bonus -
                  7. Type of cover you need motor trade / social domestic / commuting to work covers the lot that way

...allegedly

HTH

Insurers are clamping down on this by asking for a copy of sales records for the past 12 months
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Insurers are clamping down on this by asking for a copy of sales records for the past 12 months
                    Damn... plan B then

Pop down to Dover and hop across the Channel & buy a French registered car and run it in the UK un-taxed & insured
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X