• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deflation news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deflation news

UK inflation rate rises to 2.7% in May

The Bank of England has said it expects inflation to exceed 3% this year.

BBC News - UK inflation rate rises to 2.7% in May

Obviously not printing money quickly enough.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

WTF???!? I click on the calculator to see if it made me poorer... here..

BBC News - Calculate your inflation rate

Fill all the details in.. Left Full Time Education at 16 and employed and the result is...

Households like yours spend more than average on: Education
      Households like yours spend less than average on: Housing, water, electricity, gas and other fuels
      Your inflation rate is most like that of Peppa Pig’s family. Find out why.
      How does it tell me that I spent more than average on Education when I left free schooling at 16??!

And ******* Peppa pig? WTF!?!? I click to see what this crap is about and find this page...

BBC News - Inflation secrets of the TV families

Peppa Pig
      Household size: 4
      Number of children: 2
      Employment status: Employed
      Age left full-time education: 23
      Income: £48,000
      What the **** is the BBC doing? I have never seen so much crap, linked through to a serious article.. Not the BBC's usual standards. V Disappointed.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        crap, ...V Disappointed.
        Yep, crap indeed; income box doesn't render properly and no option 'self employed'.

Comment

Luckily our houses will make us all millionaires!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            You mean you aren't a millionaire?

Poor chap.

Comment

"It said most people expect house prices to rise in the next 12 months, with just 9% predicting a fall"

BBC News - House price 'bubble' warning from Building Societies

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                "It said most people expect house prices to rise in the next 12 months, with just 9% predicting a fall"

BBC News - House price 'bubble' warning from Building Societies

I bought after the crash, but before the printing presses took off.

I hear rents are rising rapidly.

HTH BIDI

Comment

I bought after the crash, but before the printing presses took off.

I hear rents are rising rapidly.

HTH BIDI
                  Actually I think Old Hackdonald has (possibly accidentally) got the best scheme to be rich in the future; agricultural land. Just wait; farmers are going to do very well indeed. Rising world population, rising demand for land for bio-fuels, growing middle class in the developing world who will eat more and more meat, increasing opposition among middle classes to productivity gains through GM food and chemical use, it's all adding up to be good for farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Actually I think Old Hackdonald has (possibly accidentally) got the best scheme to be rich in the future; agricultural land. Just wait; farmers are going to do very well indeed. Rising world population, rising demand for land for bio-fuels, growing middle class in the developing world who will eat more and more meat, increasing opposition among middle classes to productivity gains through GM food and chemical use, it's all adding up to be good for farmers.
                    Definitely accidentally

It's not going to be big though, just get us along. But I do see it as making enough to live comfortably, backed up with a few flats.

Might start looking at more acres though, if they come up, but it's around 7k an acre down there

Comment

Working...
                    X