PDA

View Full Version : Food, glorious food....

Old Hack
19th June 2013, 12:20
One thing I should give London top marks for working in, and that's the choice, and quality of the food on offer. Working in Shoreditch currently, and my, the choices on offer seem endless, and flavours intoxicating.

Working in Warrington gave me the option of butties, pies or jacket spuds. Far more civilised in London.

Just had a stonking chilli paneer curry, with some sag aloo

bobspud
19th June 2013, 16:11
One thing I should give London top marks for working in, and that's the choice, and quality of the food on offer. Working in Shoreditch currently, and my, the choices on offer seem endless, and flavours intoxicating.

Working Warrington gave me the option of butties, pies or jacket spuds. Far more civilised.

Stretch for a wander over to Tower Hill and find Bodeans :) there is a very good reason I am a fat bastard on slimfast :rollin:

SueEllen
19th June 2013, 16:13

Working Warrington gave me the option of butties, pies or jacket spuds. Far more boring.

FTFY

Old Hack
19th June 2013, 17:21
I could imagine slipping down that slope you know....

Old Greg
19th June 2013, 17:51
Quality of Brick Lane curries has gone down in recent years.

EternalOptimist
19th June 2013, 19:12
I just spent a week roughing it on iron rations and I cant think of a better plan to get the taste buds salivating.
Oh to taste a nice fish an chips supper, or a chicken jalfrezi with pilau rice.
yum yum.

sometimes its worth abstaining to avoid getting jaded

Scrag Meister
20th June 2013, 06:57
Quality of Brick Lane curries has gone down in recent years.

Karnaphuli, Stoke Newington. :D

bobspud
20th June 2013, 07:12
I was about to recommend Sitaaray in Dury Lane but then I found the link to the article in the evening standard about them being closed down due to the inspectors finding rat poo and rotting mice in the place :puke:

Oh well :(

Ketchup
20th June 2013, 07:12
Stretch for a wander over to Tower Hill and find Bodeans :) there is a very good reason I am a fat bastard on slimfast :rollin:

their pickle juice shot surprisingly nice

bobspud
20th June 2013, 07:14
their pickle juice shot surprisingly nice

I wouldn't know I am normally face down in a rack of Cow ribs when ever I get near there :D

Old Greg
20th June 2013, 07:33
I was about to recommend Sitaaray in Dury Lane but then I found the link to the article in the evening standard about them being closed down due to the inspectors finding rat poo and rotting mice in the place :puke:

Oh well :(

One wouldn't want to lick their chutney spoons.

Ketchup
20th June 2013, 08:32
There is a really good Indian in Chapel Market (Angel), only one i really go to now. doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is fantastic.