• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food, glorious food....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food, glorious food....

One thing I should give London top marks for working in, and that's the choice, and quality of the food on offer. Working in Shoreditch currently, and my, the choices on offer seem endless, and flavours intoxicating.

Working in Warrington gave me the option of butties, pies or jacket spuds. Far more civilised in London.

Just had a stonking chilli paneer curry, with some sag aloo
    Last edited by Old Hack; 20 June 2013, 07:20. Reason: mistakes, mistakes, mistakes...

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    One thing I should give London top marks for working in, and that's the choice, and quality of the food on offer. Working in Shoreditch currently, and my, the choices on offer seem endless, and flavours intoxicating.

Working Warrington gave me the option of butties, pies or jacket spuds. Far more civilised.

Stretch for a wander over to Tower Hill and find Bodeans there is a very good reason I am a fat bastard on slimfast

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

Working Warrington gave me the option of butties, pies or jacket spuds. Far more boring.

FTFY
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I could imagine slipping down that slope you know....

Comment

Quality of Brick Lane curries has gone down in recent years.

Comment

I just spent a week roughing it on iron rations and I cant think of a better plan to get the taste buds salivating.
            Oh to taste a nice fish an chips supper, or a chicken jalfrezi with pilau rice.
            yum yum.

sometimes its worth abstaining to avoid getting jaded
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Quality of Brick Lane curries has gone down in recent years.
              Karnaphuli, Stoke Newington.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I was about to recommend Sitaaray in Dury Lane but then I found the link to the article in the evening standard about them being closed down due to the inspectors finding rat poo and rotting mice in the place

Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Stretch for a wander over to Tower Hill and find Bodeans there is a very good reason I am a fat bastard on slimfast
                  their pickle juice shot surprisingly nice

Comment

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
                    their pickle juice shot surprisingly nice
                    I wouldn't know I am normally face down in a rack of Cow ribs when ever I get near there

Comment

Working...
                    X