• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One of my pet hates about contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my pet hates about contractors

Trying to get them to give me a time sheet that makes sense, which can be correctly cost coded (to prove that the task needs them & the budget) & when I give them a blank template to speed matters up all they do is get the huff

Does not matter what trade, they are all the same from sparkies to consultants !

Blimey all I am trying to do is pay them..

Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Trying to get them to give me a time sheet that makes sense, which can be correctly cost coded (to prove that the task needs them & the budget) & when I give them a blank template to speed matters up all they do is get the huff

Does not matter what trade, they are all the same from sparkies to consultants !

So long as you give them a job code for marking idle time, and don't unleash the hordes of hell on them for using it, and accept your own incompetency caused the idle time then I'm good with that.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      So long as you give them a job code for marking idle time, and don't unleash the hordes of hell on them for using it, and accept your own incompetency caused the idle time then I'm good with that.
      I allways have a cost code, current one for consultants is C01750/FEE0020/JK - if it helps
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

I allways have a cost code, current one for consultants is C01750/FEE0020/JK - if it helps
        Yep, I'm using that one. Quite catchy really.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Be a dear and pop the kettle on love, leave the talk of business to the men folk

That'd be great!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You sure you're cut out for this PM m'larky?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              You sure you're cut out for this PMO m'larky?
              FTFY

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Be a dear and pop the kettle on love, leave the talk of business to the men folk

That'd be great!

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                You sure you're cut out for this PM m'larky?
                Why on earth would I want to be a PM?, I prefer a job with a challenge

FTFY
                TBH its more PMT than PMO right now
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

That'd be great!

Oh and if you want a hot drink with spit in it or worse you are going the right way.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Promises, Promises!

Comment

Working...
                    X