• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interest rates WILL rise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest rates WILL rise

Was reading Anatole Kaletsky in the Times this morning. A guy who's generally got things right over a few years. He reckons inflation is back and here to stay on both sides of the Atlantic.
    Interest rates are going to rise and this will be end of the housing boom. On the other hand your debt will be eroded faster.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Come on guys make your minds up.

One minute the "experts" here are predicting deflation and a Japan type scenario and now it's back to good old inflation.

Comment

As I still have a mortgage, I prefer inflation.

Except that you've still got to get rate and wage rises to take advantage of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Come on guys make your minds up.

One minute the "experts" here are predicting deflation and a Japan type scenario and now it's back to good old inflation.
        Its starting to feel like my 1970's childhood. Middle East Wars, Oil Price shocks, 1976 style droughts, Labour in power and Stagflation round the corner!

Time to get on my Chopper bike and eat a Curly Wurly

Comment

I'd love to see 15% interest rates again. When are the Tories when you need them?
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
            Its starting to feel like my 1970's childhood. Middle East Wars, Oil Price shocks, 1976 style droughts, Labour in power and Stagflation round the corner!

Time to get on my Chopper bike and eat a Curly Wurly
            Choppers were for chavs - Should have had a Grifter.

Comment

Grifter was later.

Comment

Radio 4 news had a very confusing item on this. “ High Street sales of flat screen TVs pushed up the high street sales figures beyond expectations but other retail sectors were down. The Bank of England is concerned by the economy overheating and an interest rate rise seems inevitable.”

So this means that if some football fanatics go out and buy flat screen TVs, that is enough to warrant an increase in interest rates.

I think the government screws up the economy and they want to blame the public again, just like it’s the public’s fault that there is water shortage.
                HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

I reckon we've seen the best of the property boom anayway. I'm going to cash in now on my buy-to-lets, pay off my mortgage, and invest the rest in a holiday home in an upcoming economy.
                  Accordingly have just rung the estatge agents to put them on the market.
                  Sorted.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

But house prices are going to rise forever. I told you that yesterday.

In the words of Mr T.

"I pity da fool that cashes in his buy-to-lets"

Comment

Working...
                    X