• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wow, just wow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, just wow

I went out on the piss last night with one of the contractors here. We met at his hotel and then toddled in the rain to a bar. It was starting to rain, and there was some thunder and lightening going on.

As we sat in this bar with the doors open looking out on the square, the rain started coming down hard. Then the wind got up. Then what I can only describe as scenes from a Phillipino monsoon took place. It was utterly breathtaking. Then, in 37 degree heat, with hurricane force winds, it started to hail. Not just girly english hail, but proper fully fledged bastard golf ball sized hail.

I remember saying to my colleague, I'm really glad I left my car in the underground carpark at work this evening (normally it's parked on the driveway outside my apartment exposed to the elements). He scoffed saying that hail wouldn't hurt a car.

So I got up this morning, and needed a taxi, so ordered one and waited outside for it to arrive. The landlady was outside talking to her neighbour abour how both their cars were destroyed by hail last night.

Then when I got into work by colleagues were telling me about their neighbours cars that were destroyed by hail.

So my poor little elderly German lady dodged a bullet there.

Maybe my luck has turned
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I went out on the piss last night with one of the contractors here. We met at his hotel and then toddled in the rain to a bar. It was starting to rain, and there was some thunder and lightening going on.

As we sat in this bar with the doors open looking out on the square, the rain started coming down hard. Then the wind got up. Then what I can only describe as scenes from a Phillipino monsoon took place. It was utterly breathtaking. Then, in 37 degree heat, with hurricane force winds, it started to hail. Not just girly english hail, but proper fully fledged bastard golf ball sized hail.

I remember saying to my colleague, I'm really glad I left my car in the underground carpark at work this evening (normally it's parked on the driveway outside my apartment exposed to the elements). He scoffed saying that hail wouldn't hurt a car.

So I got up this morning, and needed a taxi, so ordered one and waited outside for it to arrive. The landlady was outside talking to her neighbour abour how both their cars were destroyed by hail last night.

Then when I got into work by colleagues were telling me about their neighbours cars that were destroyed by hail.

So my poor little elderly German lady dodged a bullet there.

Maybe my luck has turned
    Didn't have any hail here, but the pigeon that shat on the jag this morning has a serious case of diarrhoea.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Didn't have any hail here, but the pigeon that shat on the jag this morning has a serious case of diarrhoea.
      How do you identify the breed from the poo? Or did you catch it "Il flagranti"

Comment

As we sat in this bar with the doors open looking out on the square, the rain started coming down hard.
        So romantic. Did you get a good hard shag?

Comment

How do you identify the breed from the poo? Or did you catch it "Il flagranti"
          I saw it happen but didn't have a shotgun to hand.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            So romantic. Did you get a good hard shag?

It was a dude, dude.

Comment

And...?
              Still Invoicing

Comment

It was a dude, dude.
                So that's a yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  So that's a yes?
                  :

Many cars were destroyed by hail last night here in Gutersloh. Mine wasn't as it was in an underground carpark. Discuss.

(Yay for me)

Comment

:

Many cars were destroyed by hail last night here in Gutersloh. Mine wasn't as it was in an underground carpark. Discuss.

(Yay for me)
                    Buy buy buy!

https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=bmw
                    https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=E...ZjZM8j1wAPipAE
                    https://www.google.co.uk/finance?q=E...digMaqTwQOKngE

Comment

Working...
                    X