• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold

Gold falls 4 percent; silver futures decline 5 percent

Gold falls 4 percent; silver futures decline 5 percent | Reuters

DOOMED!!!

Mortgage increase points to housing boom - Telegraph

Boomed!

Comment

I warned you this would happen back in April

Comment

Problem is AtW has no exposure to govt backed, tax free investment, known as UK property market.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Problem is AtW has no exposure to govt backed, tax free investment, known as UK property market.
          I have.

Via monthly rent that I pay

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I have.

Via monthly rent that I pay
            At least you make someone happy in this world, your landlord.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              At least you make someone happy in this world, your landlord.

Landlord is the mutual who was stupid to lend lots of money for the build and then had to take over it - they tried to sell it to me at reasonable price but change their mind because they'd be booking 35% loss, so they prefer to pretend it's worth some imaginary amount that nobody will pay and rent it out at OK price.

Their yield is less than 3% from it (before costs added), however I am sure those barstewards probably use this house as "asset" at full imaginary price to get lots of cheap money from BoE.

Comment

Quite surprised by this to be honest. Thought Gold was something that never went down in value

Comment

Originally posted by jlharris View Post
                  Quite surprised by this to be honest. Thought Gold was something that never went down in value
                  Why not? You can't eat it and most of this gold stuff is imaginary bits in a mainframe anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jlharris View Post
                    It doesn't, but sometimes money goes up in value when some bloke in USA hints he might stop printing $85bn a month to hand out for banker bonuses.

Comment

Working...
                    X