• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Competitions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competitions

Right this is my first thread so go easy on me!

One of my mates has just won an Ipad in a competition and I was just wondering what is the biggest win anybody has ever had?

Can you tell I'm bored on a Thursday afternoon?!

I have myself down as a very unlucky person, so is it worth bothering to enter all these competitions? Never fancied it before but after his win I feel like giving it a go.

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by jlharris View Post

One of my mates has just won an Ipad in a competition and I was just wondering what is the biggest win anybody has ever had?

I have myself down as a very unlucky person, so is it worth bothering to enter all these competitions? Never fancied it before but after his win I feel like giving it a go.
      £140million on the Euro lottery. I spent it all on drugs, alcohol and women. The rest I wasted.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        £140million on the Euro lottery. I spent it all on drugs, alcohol and women. The rest I wasted.
        That's George Best's line.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          That's George Best's line.
          He stole it from me.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            At least get the line right!

I spent 90% of my money on women, drink and fast cars. The rest I wasted
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Lady Tester's mum does lots of the competitions in magazines like 'dream up a slogan' or 'tell us why you think the sun shines out of our arses' and wins quite a lot of stuff. But she's retired and has fook all else to do.

So she's recently handed on to us;
              1 hairdryer
              1 blender
              2 tickets to see the Buddy Holly story
              1 electric cool box for in the car

and that's just off the top of my head

Comment

I won one night alone with your mum
                2nd prize was 2 nights

welcome btw
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Went through a competition phase when I was on maternity leave with #2.

Best prize was a meal for two at a local hotel.
                  Only other win I can remember was a disposable camera, which I had to attend a presentation evening to receive, but I've a feeling there were a couple of other small wins too.

Comment

A lot of people seem to have experience of winning stuff then.

Maybe I should just enter a few when I'm bored at work and see what happens. Think the best bet is to go for Facebook competitions with companies that don't have an immense amount of likes- gives you a good chance. Ironically one of the first ones I found was this! https://www.facebook.com/CXCGlobalUK...43103275748075

If I don't win in a competition related to Contracting I never will!

Comment

Working...
                    X