• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Protestor head gear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - Protestor head gear

I am seeing a gap in the market here that could be exploited. Massive potential.

A helmet designed for rioters that is resistant to baton and non lethal rounds, gives maximum visibility whilst protecting the eyes and respiratory system from tear gas and other airborne irritants.

Think I will head down to B&Q this afternoon to pick up a few bits and bobs to make my prototype.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I am seeing a gap in the market here that could be exploited. Massive potential.

A helmet designed for rioters that is resistant to baton and non lethal rounds, gives maximum visibility whilst protecting the eyes and respiratory system from tear gas and other airborne irritants.

Think I will head down to B&Q this afternoon to pick up a few bits and bobs to make my prototype.
    South Korean protesters have always been good at this. I've had a baton on the head and it's a nasty business.

Comment

Don't forget the decorations. You'll need a selection of stickers, including but not limited to;

'Give peace a chance'
      'Kill the rich'
      'Meat is murder'
      'Eat the rich'
      'Fight capitalism!'
      an Apple sticker
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        I've had a baton on the head and it's a nasty business.

More a loaf than a baton.

Comment

Someone beat you to it.

What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            I've had a baton on the head and it's a nasty business.
            Ohhh please elaborate
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

We trained with the riot police down in Southampton. Their training is terrible. We had to move along choreographed set pieces (they knew the script) and, literally, let them win so they would pass their training. We had arranged to go down there tooled up and to use initiative against them and see how they handled it but an Inspector turned up on the day and stamped on the Sergeant I had arranged it with and it became a complete waste of an evening. A standard training session with my group is far rougher.

Rioters could do with lots of spray paint to spray shields and visors with. As well as various trip hazard devices etc.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Ohhh please elaborate
                £90 per half hour, Miss Whiplash, London EC1
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  £90 per half hour, Miss Whiplash, London EC1
                  Still not worked out how to update your sig?

Comment

I reckon a lottery syndicate scam would be a better plan B.

Comment

Working...
                    X