• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boxing clever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing clever

What do you do with all the boxes that things like cameras and expensive electronics (not consumer stuff but the sort that are likely to have a resale value) come in?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I usually like to make a little fort with them when i am not allowed to play outside due to it raining
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Open the loft hatch and chuck them in willy nilly.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Open the loft hatch and chuck them in willy nilly.
        Not sure ms doodab will go for that what with the loft conversion being the master bedroom, but I'll give it a go.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Our house / garage / loft is full of the bloody things.

Comment

Pretend that they have the product still in them and sell them on ebay. Note in the middle of a large paragraph on the description that you are only selling the box, no one will notice it but you can point to it later if it comes to court.
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Stick them in a chest which is under the desk.

And the desk drawers are full of them as well.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

None of it has a future value that is enhanced by original packaging. Once it is beyond the limit imposed by "Distance Selling Regulations" it goes into recycling, unless the GirlCat gets it first (she has a packaging fetish - the BoyCat is too stupid to differentiate between more than Slop-and-Sleep).
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Put half a brick in inside and sell them for £20 in the pub
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    What do you do with all the boxes that things like cameras and expensive electronics (not consumer stuff but the sort that are likely to have a resale value) come in?
                    Flatten them into a thin sheet, and stack them up somewhere in the garden shed/ garage. Then when the time comes, you can just reshape it into a box, and seal one end with a proper tape. No need to go hunting for boxes when moving houses that way.
                    I am Brad. I do more than the needful and drive the market rates up by not bobbing my head.

Comment

Working...
                    X