• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Must be a contractor...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be a contractor...

But Nawal Ahmad, who lives in Lebanon but was allowed on the ship because she has a British passport, was upset that she had had to leave her four Filipino staff behind at the last moment.

"They are my responsibility, they are like my children," she said. "The Home Office told me I could bring them but when I got to the port they said 'No'. I had to send them back and I'm very sad."

She does not know when she will be able to return, but in the meantime she and her family of eight will stay in a hotel in Cyprus which they have booked for at least a month.

"We will relax and see what happens. I hope to go back in a month, but who knows?" she said.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Very hardworking people; you can’t beat Filipino workers;

it’s illegal apparently.
    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
      you can’t beat Filipino workers;
      Pity.

Comment

Very hardworking people; you can’t beat Filipino workers;

it’s illegal apparently.
        Perfectly legal however to get a Filipino to beat you (In some countries)
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

you can’t beat Filipino workers;

it’s illegal apparently.
          Tell that to the Singaporeans then

Comment

Originally posted by Hart-floot
            Tell that to the Singaporeans then
            And Naomi Campbell (allegedly of course. Well, unless she has been found guilty now that is!)

Comment

Working...
            X