• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting at Investment banks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting at Investment banks

Can anyone who works/ever worked at Barclays tell me how long the process was from agent putting you through for the job to starting work? Particularly interested in Barclays, Deutsche, Lloyds and HSBC

General is for insults and banter.

If you want to post a serious thread then post in "Business/Contracts" and "Accounting/Legal".

If you are lucky because it's the weekend your thread may drop to the bottom by Monday and disappear......
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bearing in mind there could be anything from 3 days to a month or two what exactly are you after?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Bearing in mind there could be anything from 3 days to a month or two what exactly are you after?
        Why are you being polite?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          He used wrong login

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Might have something to do with her username

Comment

Originally posted by LondonGirl View Post
              Can anyone who works/ever worked at Barclays tell me how long the process was from agent putting you through for the job to starting work? Particularly interested in Barclays, Deutsche, Lloyds and HSBC
              All of the above are retail, just fyi

Would 3-4 weeks put you off?

Why not ask your agent who's probably placed hundreds of contracts, unless you've applied directly (have you).
              Last edited by mickey; 22 June 2013, 09:09.

Comment

From the "Agent putting you through"?

You mean you haven't even had the interview yet? If that's the case, you are jumping the gun (although if they don't get back to you within a week or so, that usually means they are generally not interested. Caveat: YMMV.)

If you've been offered the role, then I'd say it's normal to start within a week or two.
                nomadd liked this post

Comment

If you've been made an offer and it's the vetting process you're talking about I've heard that 2-3 weeks after being made an offer is not uncommon. Barclays have a particularly bad reputation for asking for loads of paperwork and then dragging their heels.

Smaller banks; a few days is normal for the credit checks to go through.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    If you've been made an offer and it's the vetting process you're talking about I've heard that 2-3 weeks after being made an offer is not uncommon. Barclays have a particularly bad reputation for asking for loads of paperwork and then dragging their heels.

Smaller banks; a few days is normal for the credit checks to go through.

Thanks all for your responses, the slow movement from these banks just seems more frustrating when you are keen to get back to work, will continue to persevere

Comment

Working...
                    X