• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Keep yer hand on yer ha'penny in Paris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep yer hand on yer ha'penny in Paris

Aggressive child pickpockets are commonplace these days, I suspect it's only a matter of time before they turn up in London.

The rising problem of pickpockets in Paris
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Aggressive child pickpockets are commonplace these days, I suspect it's only a matter of time before they turn up in London.

The rising problem of pickpockets in Paris
    There is one who lives near me. Every time I see him I end up with my wallet emptied.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      When do the Romanians & Bulgarians get uncontrolled access? End of the year?

Comment

It's nice to hear Dodgy's kids have a Saturday job.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

On a similar note, returned from Brussels yesterday. Quite an enjoyable trip marred by the fact that on sunday Mrs SB had her purse nicked from her bag, with about £140 in it as well as her passport!! (I know, don't start me on "WTF were you doing with it in there?")
          Our Eurostar back was mid-afternoon, so we spent an exciting morning traipsing from one Police Station to another getting pointless paperwork, for the British Consulate to marry up with their own collection of pointless paperwork!!
          All this in order that they could charge us 116 Euros for an "Emergency Passport" that was only any good for getting us back across the Channel!! Rip-off city! And the Consulate were trying to suggest we "Book an appointment and come back in a few days!"
          I mean, just what is the point of a Consulate if not to be there to offer assistance to Brits when incidents like this occur?
          Useless bunch of self-serving c0cksockets living high on the hog from proceeds of the Public Purse!

Gah!!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

A few years ago I had an accident in Turkey - not my fault but the police took my driving licence and my passport. I was told I could collect them in 3 days. The 3 days passed and I went to collect them. I'd rang the Consulate the night before expecting problems - one question they asked in the interview was how much I earned!

They gave back my driving licence and told me that my passport had been sent to another police station. With rough directions we set off to the second police station. They gave us directions to a 3rd police station and another long journey started. When we finally got there we were told that it was back at the first one. We got back to the first one and they maintained that they hadn't got it. I called the Consulate again from outside the police station and within seconds a copper came out with my passport. I have nothing but praise for how they helped me out. I also know that I'll never, ever holiday in Turkey again. Dodgy fvkers
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              On a similar note, returned from Brussels yesterday. Quite an enjoyable trip marred by the fact that on sunday Mrs SB had her purse nicked from her bag, with about £140 in it as well as her passport!! (I know, don't start me on "WTF were you doing with it in there?")
              Our Eurostar back was mid-afternoon, so we spent an exciting morning traipsing from one Police Station to another getting pointless paperwork, for the British Consulate to marry up with their own collection of pointless paperwork!!
              All this in order that they could charge us 116 Euros for an "Emergency Passport" that was only any good for getting us back across the Channel!! Rip-off city! And the Consulate were trying to suggest we "Book an appointment and come back in a few days!"
              I mean, just what is the point of a Consulate if not to be there to offer assistance to Brits when incidents like this occur?
              Useless bunch of self-serving c0cksockets living high on the hog from proceeds of the Public Purse!

Gah!!!

So in fact they issued a passport on the day so you could get your booked train?

Comment

I thought everybody loved pickpockets in London, in that cheery cockney singing "got to pick a pocket or two" loveable street urchin kind of way?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  They were probably hoping against hope to find some way of keeping a six-fingered hick like you out of the UK.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

When I was on a club 18-30 holiday in Kavos some brat came over when I was sitting down drinking and wanted me to buy something off her. Being a nice sort I got my wallet out and gave her some Drachmas (sp?). Quick as lightning she snatched at my wallet in my other hand! I have done a lot of training and tournaments etc - I would say my reflexes are quicker than average and I was sober but I still only just pulled my wallet out of her reach. After that she stood there, smiling and holding her hand out.

Gave me quite a shock, if she had got it she would have legged it and what could I do? If I had caught her she would have just screamed the place down and I would probably either end up in a gutter bleeding as I looked at the stars or in a Greek police cell.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X