• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wedding speeches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding speeches

I have a friend right, who's getting married in a few months and he needs some help with his wedding speech especially some funny one liners and I said that I'd help out.

Do the panel have any suggestions?

Remember this is for a friend right, not me, a friend.

Thx

MF in 'helping a mate out' mode
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Opening line (if using paper notes)

'This is the second time today I have stood up from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand'

Google is your friend by the way, they are some belters on the web...
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I'd start by thanking the family of the bride and your lawyer who drafted the prenup agreement.

After that it should be easy.

Comment

I have a friend right, who's getting married in a few months and he needs some help with his wedding speech especially some funny one liners and I said that I'd help out.

Remember this is for a friend right, not me, a friend.

Thx

MF in 'helping a mate out' mode
        Your "friend" doesn't have to be funny - that's the best man's job. He should stick to being gentlemanly, chivalrous and paying genuine compliments to his wife and bridesmaids.

Comment

No point in asking me. Been best man at two weddings and both ended in divorce shortly afterward.

Oh wait, possible Plan B...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I wouldn't want <the in-laws> to think that they've lost a daughter, more that they've gained a homicidal maniac.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Your "friend" doesn't have to be funny - that's the best man's job. He should stick to being gentlemanly, chivalrous and paying genuine compliments to his wife and bridesmaids.

This ^^, if he must do funny only as an ice breaker and to get an early dig in against the best man before he rips him apart.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Depending on the audience, I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere about gay weddings too.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  My friend says 'WTF' and he does not plan to be beaten to the punch line by his best man.

Is a Dave Gorman style presentation speech a bit weird he askes???
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My friend says 'WTF' and he does not plan to be beaten to the punch line by his best man.

Is a Dave Gorman style presentation speech a bit weird he askes???
                    Your friend doesn't want to come across as a total knob. At least keep up the pretence for the wedding day.

Comment

Working...
                    X