PDA

View Full Version : Been off the drink for months

Cliphead
23rd June 2013, 19:31
So if I'm posting more shite than usual there's an excuse.

Meds to ameliorate chronic pain are less effective than alcohol so I'm going for it tonight (just saying like).

MarillionFan
23rd June 2013, 19:32
So if I'm posting more tulipe than usual there's an excuse.

Meds to ameliorate chronic pain are less effective than alcohol so I'm going for it tonight (just saying like).

That's explains why you're less abusive recently. :tongue

doodab
23rd June 2013, 19:33
What's the chronic pain?

Cliphead
23rd June 2013, 19:33
That's explains why you're less abusive recently. :tongue

Fck you areswipe.

:laugh

Cliphead
23rd June 2013, 19:35
What's the chronic pain?

A mystery to medical science. Started with a mild sore back and now spreading. Think Shingles on steroids for the past 3 months.

MarillionFan
23rd June 2013, 19:39
A mystery to medical science.

The exact words Suity uses every month for his 'ill' posts. :laugh

mudskipper
23rd June 2013, 19:43
A mystery to medical science. Started with a mild sore back and now spreading. Think Shingles on steroids for the past 3 months.

Back pain is miserable. You have my sympathies. :hug:

I may join you for a glass of the red stuff.

Cliphead
23rd June 2013, 19:44
The exact words Suity uses every month for his 'ill' posts. :laugh

Ah but, well there's 'ills' and then there's fck it I'm on the vodka and the pills.

Cliphead
23rd June 2013, 19:45
Back pain is miserable. You have my sympathies. :hug:

I may join you for a glass of the red stuff.

Sensitive skin that's painful to touch including clothing, booze numbs it. Cheers.

NotAllThere
23rd June 2013, 19:53
Don't narcotics help? When I had level 10 pain, Tramadol did the trick.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/pain_rating.png

mudskipper
23rd June 2013, 20:03

I remember that one - the alt text is "If it were a two or above I wouldn't be able to answer because it would mean a pause in the screaming."

Cliphead
23rd June 2013, 20:04

They put me on amitriptyline at the lowest dose but doing bugger all. I told the doc I'm gonna self medicate with booze, they didn't argue.

Zippy
23rd June 2013, 20:57
Ah but, well there's 'ills' and then there's fck it I'm on the vodka and the pills.

Not nice (apart from the vodka). Have you considered going 'off-piste' for your medication(possibly delivered via a cigarette, for example)?

Cliphead
23rd June 2013, 21:05
Not nice (apart from the vodka). Have you considered going 'off-piste' for your medication(possibly delivered via a cigarette, for example)?

Meanwhile back in Notting Hill

The moon showed up like a mandrax pill

In the sky, so high, like everybody

Cliphead
23rd June 2013, 21:21
One bottle down and pain free for a while...

Somebody at ClientCo tomorrow is gonna suffer, probly the arsewipe project manager who couldn't find his arse with both hands and a TomTom.

Singing Pink Floyd songs loudly and badly which I'll do at the next scan the quacks shove me into cos they ask you for a choice of music to listen to.

KentPhilip
23rd June 2013, 22:41

You mean the same thing that helps MS sufferers? :cool2:

NotAllThere
24th June 2013, 05:08
Singing Pink Floyd songs loudly and badly which I'll do at the next scan the quacks shove me into cos they ask you for a choice of music to listen to.

Comfortably numb, I suppose.

They put me on amitriptyline at the lowest dose but doing bugger all. I told the doc I'm gonna self medicate with booze, they didn't argue.Pain itself is a medical condition. You should demand/politely ask for something that works, without putting as much strain or your liver or giving you a hangover. There's no real reason for anyone to suffer pain nowadays, though it often requires effort from the doctors.

Halo Jones
24th June 2013, 06:55
Meds to ameliorate chronic pain

not nice have a :hug:

You mean the same thing that helps MS sufferers? :cool2:

Not all of them & medical use will not stop the legal proceedings if caught :(