• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many ppl in your family work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the missus expected to put her back into paying the mortgage off, cooking and school runs or she's off to a nail place every second day?

Originally posted by p3t3 View Post
    Is the missus expected to put her back into paying the mortgage off, cooking and school runs or she's off to a nail place every second day?
    I don't have a missus.

You're not Dominic Connor are you?

Comment

Originally posted by p3t3 View Post
      Tax man alert.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Everybody works, but not all of us are paid.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If I include myself?

None.

Comment

My wife has three jobs - one full time, the other two part time. Full time one is being a mum to both children, part time one is being a wife to me (part time because I am at work for 40 hours a week) and she is also a 2 day a week primary school teacher. She also volunteers at a toddler group and runs one of the Sunday Schools at our church.

We bought the house with a key worker loan so she is stuck in teaching until we have the money spare to buy them out. Somehow the immense wealth that contractors have does not seem to have materialised yet for us, although we are stonkingly better off than we were when I first made the leap about 18 months ago!!!!!
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Wife stopped contracting 3 years ago. I have cried every day since...

Comment

My Mrs is a full time IT PM (permy). One of the reasons I made the jump to contracting is because, if the worst comes to the worst we can cover ourselves on her salary, leaving me free for the higher risk/higher reward contracts.

Our dog doesn't work though. Lazy tulipe.

Comment

How many work, or how many take a salary from my LtdCo as they are two very different questions!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCu View Post
                    My Mrs is a full time IT PM (permy). One of the reasons I made the jump to contracting is because, if the worst comes to the worst we can cover ourselves on her salary, leaving me free for the higher risk/higher reward contracts.

Our dog doesn't work though. Lazy tulipe.
                    Mine is employed as LtdCo's Head of Secuirty
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X