PDA

View Full Version : How many ppl in your family work?

p3t3
24th June 2013, 07:32
Is the missus expected to put her back into paying the mortgage off, cooking and school runs or she's off to a nail place every second day?

mudskipper
24th June 2013, 08:03
Is the missus expected to put her back into paying the mortgage off, cooking and school runs or she's off to a nail place every second day?

I don't have a missus. :confused:

You're not Dominic Connor are you?

MarillionFan
24th June 2013, 08:06

Tax man alert. :bluelight:bluelight:bluelight

scooterscot
24th June 2013, 08:17
Everybody works, but not all of us are paid.

DimPrawn
24th June 2013, 08:18
If I include myself?

None.

MyUserName
24th June 2013, 08:30
My wife has three jobs - one full time, the other two part time. Full time one is being a mum to both children, part time one is being a wife to me (part time because I am at work for 40 hours a week) and she is also a 2 day a week primary school teacher. She also volunteers at a toddler group and runs one of the Sunday Schools at our church.

We bought the house with a key worker loan so she is stuck in teaching until we have the money spare to buy them out. Somehow the immense wealth that contractors have does not seem to have materialised yet for us, although we are stonkingly better off than we were when I first made the leap about 18 months ago!!!!!

Old Hack
24th June 2013, 09:09
Wife stopped contracting 3 years ago. I have cried every day since...

RiCu
24th June 2013, 09:40
My Mrs is a full time IT PM (permy). One of the reasons I made the jump to contracting is because, if the worst comes to the worst we can cover ourselves on her salary, leaving me free for the higher risk/higher reward contracts.

Our dog doesn't work though. Lazy shite.

SimonMac
24th June 2013, 10:12
How many work, or how many take a salary from my LtdCo as they are two very different questions!

SimonMac
24th June 2013, 10:13
My Mrs is a full time IT PM (permy). One of the reasons I made the jump to contracting is because, if the worst comes to the worst we can cover ourselves on her salary, leaving me free for the higher risk/higher reward contracts.

Our dog doesn't work though. Lazy tulipe.

Mine is employed as LtdCo's Head of Secuirty

tranceporter
24th June 2013, 11:49
Bradette is also an IT contractor working in automotive sector. She makes sure the vehicles detect obstacles using radar system and applies brakes on it's own, if the driver does not do so in time (dozing off etc). Part of new Euro NCAP rules. And no, she is not scheming on crashing you lot into someone's wall.

DodgyAgent
24th June 2013, 11:54

My 80 year old granny and my 8 year old are working (or at least they better be - difficult to tell from the middler of a golf course-)

TheFaQQer
24th June 2013, 13:08
My 80 year old granny and my 8 year old are working (or at least they better be - difficult to tell from the middler of a golf course-)

I thought you'd sold your granny?

TheFaQQer
24th June 2013, 13:09
Mine is employed as LtdCo's Head of Secuirty

Hadn't considered that one - might have to start a thread asking if I can claim his dog food while he's at work.

doodab
24th June 2013, 13:12
I thought you'd sold your granny?

I thought he rented her out, but perhaps that's his mum.