• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking out a will

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking out a will

I need to make a will out and was wondering if I can use an online service, a WHS Smith pack or whether it's best to get a solicitor in? How did you lot do it?

I used the search first to see if anyone else had asked & they had but it was such a poor quality thread I thought it best to ask it again.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I need to make a will out and was wondering if I can use an online service, a WHS Smith pack or whether it's best to get a solicitor in? How did you lot do it?

I used the search first to see if anyone else had asked & they had but it was such a poor quality thread I thought it best to ask it again.
    Depends what you want, if its a simple, "wife gets my sledges" after you are married there is no real point.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Depends what you want, if its a simple, "wife gets my sledges" after you are married there is no real point.
      Unless you both die in a car crash or have kids or ex wives, etc...
      Blood in your poo

Comment

I'm also looking - seems fairly straight forward as long as the company stuff is not involved but needs professional help if you want to transfer business assets across
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          If you die intestate it does not mean your wife inherits, in theory HMG could get the lot!
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

We just finished our wills, strangely enough. As we have kids, and lots of different assets, we wanted to make sure the kids were properly catered for if we both died.

I'd go to a proper lawyer, used to these kinds of dealings, for it's not that much more expensive, and they will make sure you cover things you haven't thought about.

Cost us £180.

Comment

Get one done properly by a solicitor. It might cost a few hundred quid but it's worth it in the long run.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Making Wills are like filling out an organ donor card, tempting fate!

RIP MF....

Comment

It must be worrying you MF.

Who will get landed all your debts after you cark it.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                    We just finished our wills, strangely enough. As we have kids, and lots of different assets, we wanted to make sure the kids were properly catered for if we both died.

I'd go to a proper lawyer, used to these kinds of dealings, for it's not that much more expensive, and they will make sure you cover things you haven't thought about.

Cost us £180.
                    +1,With so much at stake its worth spending the money & doing it right
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X