• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Result- £1200 council tax rebate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Result- £1200 council tax rebate

Neighbours told me about it. They complained that larger houses in the street were in a lower tax band than they were.

We've got the same house model as them so we did it as well.

Result = lower council tax band and refund of the difference for the past 6 years. Total of £1200.

Got to be happy with that!

Other neighbours on one side still in higher tax band but I'm not telling them because I don't like them. They tried to get my garage conversion application overturned just because they though they could. (All stems back from when my 5 yr old son had a fight in the house with their son aged 8 - they weren't happy about it)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Neighbours told me about it. They complained that larger houses in the street were in a lower tax band than they were.

Result = lower council tax band and refund of the difference for the past 6 years. Total of £1200.

Other neighbours on one side still in higher tax band but I'm not telling them because I don't like them. They tried to get my garage conversion application overturned just because they though they could. (All stems back from when my 5 yr old son had a fight in the house with their son aged 8 - they weren't happy about it)
    Are they the neighbours whose lawn you keep driving across?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

I think it stems from how you then dealt with their son afterwards.

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Are they the neighbours whose lawn you drove over 2 inches of once?
        FTFY
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X