• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WWYD?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWYD?

Just sent the agency the "7 days to pay" letter. They have already had an extra week. Notice on the contract is seven days.

Assuming they don't pay by the deadline, shall I give notice? Or should I give it now so that I can walk if they don't pay?
    Now
    46.15%
    In a week
    30.77%
    Never, just suck it up
    7.69%
    AndyW's mum gives the best "notice" I've ever had
    15.38%
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Just sent the agency the "7 days to pay" letter. They have already had an extra week. Notice on the contract is seven days.

Assuming they don't pay by the deadline, shall I give notice? Or should I give it now so that I can walk if they don't pay?
    How late are they overall? Is this the first missed payment? What have they said when you have spoken to them? What are you having for lunch?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is it the first invoice you've sent them? Have they paid you before?

Have you actually spoken to someone on the phone about it?

I find lots of confusion can be avoided by talking on the phone to another human (even a sub human agent)...

Comment

Minimise any potential loss and walk - don't think you even have to give notice as payment is root of any contract
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I find lots of confusion can be avoided by talking on the phone to another human (even a sub human agent)...
          He works in IT remember. Better to fire off a snotty email than actually talk to someone. God forbid.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            He works in IT remember. Better to fire off a snotty email than actually talk to someone. God forbid.
            Yes, the IT generation.

Tweet about non payment.
            Stick it on your wall on Facebook.
            Post about it on CUK.
            Send an IM about it.
            Send an Email about it.

Then walk from contract only to get a phone call saying "Why did you walk? we had the wrong sort code, sorry, all fixed now"

God forbid a phone call...........too close to actual human contact.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

This is very true, also record the conversation for your records. Buy some Skype credit if you can't record the call through your phone.

If they don't agree to resolve the issue there and then it should really be a case of leaving and sending a solicitors letter to chase the payment (go to your community legal centre or similar and they will send a letter for free).
              You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

The key point is this.

A phone call usually sorts it.

If it doesn't, a follow up call my be required.

Then a written letter sent recorded delivery about non payment.

After that start debt collection proceedings.

Don't walk as agent my use this as reason for witholding any due monies. Plus you might piss of a perfectly good client who might be in the process of dumping the agent as we speak....

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Bedwetter.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I phoned them, but the number I have is no longer connected

They have been shoddy payers in the past, but they have always paid eventually. I have had phone conversations with them in the past, they basically BS you until they are ready to pay, which is why I decided not to **** about this time.

I do wonder what I was thinking taking a gig through them again
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X