• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nokia and HTC Windows Phone reliability/battery life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nokia and HTC Windows Phone reliability/battery life

I am looking for a new mobile phone - I don't like crapberry (the curve I have now from my daughter is awful) and do not like apple stuff.

I previously had windows phones which I have gotten used to - one was a Nokia Lumia 700 which didn't last more than 6 months before conking out then the other one was an HTC Radar which was much more reliable and the battery lasted all day too.

Does anyone have experience on reliability and battery life with the latest Windows Phone models from HTC and Nokia - I am looking more at the lower/mid range models, e.g. Nokia Lumia 620 and HTC 8S.

TIA
    Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 24 June 2013, 12:04.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

You aren't really going to get much more than a day with solid use of any smartphone nowdays. Am sure someone will come and tell you one lasts and hour longer than another but you are still going to be looking for a charger after a day for all of them so would forget trying to decide which one you want based on battery life.

What is wrong with Samsungs?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You aren't really going to get much more than a day with solid use of any smartphone nowdays. Am sure someone will come and tell you one lasts and hour longer than another but you are still going to be looking for a charger after a day for all of them so would forget trying to decide which one you want based on battery life.
      Well the Nokia struggled to reach a day. The HTC managed it quite comfortably.

I am often out and about without access to chargers. I used to carry spare phone batteries but the bar steward manufacturers now have batteries that cannot be changed.

Dunno never tried. Don't know anyone who has one. Don't want to buy one then find after a week that I don't like it. I'm happy to stick with Windows Phones for now despite their limitations - better the devil you know....

Comment

I've tested a Lumia 720/920 and 925

YMMV but you'll get a solid work day out of those.

Comment

HTC desire x, a good day and a half and I've only just replaced the phone after 3 and a bit years of use when the battery on the old one started to get flaky.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
            I've tested a Lumia 720/920 and 925

YMMV but you'll get a solid work day out of those.
            thanks (I had to look up YMMV)

Comment

I get a day and a half from my nokia 820 quite easily

Currently on 59% after 21 hours.

I do tend to keep the profile pretty clean so not much is going on behind the scenes. switch of the documented battery mashers, tap and send etc.

Comment

1 day 16 hours

and at 34%

Comment

Of course it all depends what you do with it. Sitting on the desk next to me, my iPhone lasts 1.5 days no problem. Taking it out-and-about with location services switched on as a GPS device drains the battery by 50% in a hour or two.

I've been thinking about getting one of these:
                  nPowerPEG.com - newhome

Comment

Unreliability / poor quality.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X