• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And so I begin to lose my faculties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so I begin to lose my faculties

Forgot my pin at the checkout. Took me 3 goes.

I did only get 4 hrs sleep last night and have travelled all the way here to Krautland, and done a 7hr day on top.

Hoping it's just tiredness and not brainrot.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Youngsters nowadays, I remember driving from here to Amsterdam, getting the ferry up to Newcastle (16 hours in a storm) and then driving here and doing a 12 hour day to perform a PoC. Man up!

(Drove all the way home 2 weeks later in one stretch, 900 mile drive and still manged to get home in time for the pub )
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I did only get 4 hrs sleep last night and have travelled all the way here to Krautland, and done a 7hr day on top.

Hoping it's just tiredness and not brainrot.
      Is there still no Cashback in Germany? Wasn't in 2006!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Youngsters nowadays, I remember driving from here to Amsterdam, getting the ferry up to Newcastle (16 hours in a storm) and then driving here and doing a 12 hour day to perform a PoC. Man up!

(Drove all the way home 2 weeks later in one stretch, 900 mile drive and still manged to get home in time for the pub )
        Dude, I only forgot my pin. I'm still partying at the flat and eating fine food stuffs washed down with cheap (but good) red wine.

Who said that

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          There might be, but don't you still need a correctly remembered pin for that idea to pan out?

Comment

There might be, but don't you still need a correctly remembered pin for that idea to pan out?

I was just wondering - not commenting on the sitch specifically!

Germany 2006...

No cashback

Shut on Sundays

Banks shut at lunchtime

Like UK in 70's really...

Comment

Germany 2006...

No cashback

Shut on Sundays

Banks shut at lunchtime

Die gleiche

Comment

Nope! There's no debit card either! Stuck with a maestro EC card. But then people continue to use case much more than cards, at least that's my observation. You produce a card at the end of a meal in the restaurant and you get a dirty look.

Cash is king here.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Germany 2006...

No cashback

Shut on Sundays

Banks shut at lunchtime

Some supermarkets, i.e. REWE, do cashback

Shops (and there's nearly every type) in train stations and airports open on Sundays. Petrol stations open all the time and have most necessities including copious amounts of booze (unlike the UK.) Quite a few towns open on Sundays a few times a year but who really needs to go shopping on a Sunday, apart from countries living on credit?

Banks open at lunchtimes but there is Internet banking now you know

Things have changed since 2006, actually quite a few of the above existed in 2006 as well...
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

What was your pin, in the end?

Just as a matter of academic interest, <cough>

Comment

Working...
                    X