• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leeds Bradford Airport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leeds Bradford Airport

Look at this - I fly back there every Fri Eve, and it's shiit-in-pants time! Last fridays was like a massive swerve left and right and left again like a car on oil.....

I do not like turbulence. I started sipping the occasional G&T, and have since progressed, through various gin based drinks to a full blown Tanqueray 10 martini (easy on the vermouth, extra shot of T10, olives). 4 or 5 of those and nothing will phase you. I did discuss with the quack the possibility that, as I was commuting by plane regularly, that my alcohol consumption may have been excessive. She suggested I might like to try Valium. I must say, a valium washed down with a nice T10 martini or four really does do the job.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

Pilot did well.

Flying back to Luton on Friday and I knew it was going to be a bag of laughs

Loads of storms still dotted about and squalls.

Fasten seatbelt signs on for most of the flight. Chatting to this lovely ole cockney boy on the way back who was nervous of flying (as am I).

About 25 mins left to run and the pilot says he is popping the fasten seatbelt signs on for the rest of the journey for our safely.

Now the fun starts I thought.

Sat right at the back as well, so it's worse.

Every jolt, wobble, drop, thud I was strangely laughing and going "whoah there ya go", and the cockney boy relaxed and starting laughing too.

When I told him I did this flight every week, and had got used to all the bumps and sensations it seemed to chill him out.

There was a group of ladies in front that were really suffering though

Finally getting there with this fear of flying malarky. I even read the paper this morning rather than sitting there frozen stiff.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Pilot did well.

Flying back to Luton on Friday and I knew it was going to be a bag of laughs

Loads of storms still dotted about and squalls.

Fasten seatbelt signs on for most of the flight. Chatting to this lovely ole cockney boy on the way back who was nervous of flying (as am I).

About 25 mins left to run and the pilot says he is popping the fasten seatbelt signs on for the rest of the journey for our safely.

Now the fun starts I thought.

Sat right at the back as well, so it's worse.

Every jolt, wobble, drop, thud I was strangely laughing and going "whoah there ya go", and the cockney boy relaxed and starting laughing too.

When I told him I did this flight every week, and had got used to all the bumps and sensations it seemed to chill him out.

There was a group of ladies in front that were really suffering though

Finally getting there with this fear of flying malarky. I even read the paper this morning rather than sitting there frozen stiff.
        ******* poofter!

I have had a few bad flights from LBA to Belfast, proper old prop planes, none of these fancy jet engines, the type where they are so small the papers will name all the dead when you crash
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          ******* poofter!

I have had a few bad flights from LBA to Belfast, proper old prop planes, none of these fancy jet engines, the type where they are so small the papers will name all the dead when you crash

Tickaboo son

Comment

Take the train...
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Take the train...
              They tend to plummet as they don't have wings.

HTH

Comment

******* poofter!

The old mme to Southampton flight was fun especially in a cat 7 gale. It used to call in at lba as well to collect more passengers. I really loved 2 take offs and landings in a single 1 hour flight
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

the type where they are so small the papers will name all the dead when you crash

I love flying.
                  I wish I could get a role where I do a lot of it.
                  (Rather than none as at present).

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    They tend to plummet as they don't have wings.
                    :
                    HTH
                    That reminds me of a tannoid announcement in holt bahnhof, "The 13:30 from Berlin will be landing in platform 12" Huh? Looking up, watch out!!
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X