• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exiled Bakri in SOS plea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exiled Bakri in SOS plea

Exiled Bakri in SOS plea

By DAVID WOODING
    Whitehall Editor

EXILED preacher of hate Omar Bakri has begged the Royal Navy to rescue him from war-torn Beirut.

The Muslim cleric who fled Britain last year, tried to board a ship full of women and children yesterday but was turned away.

He also wrote to the British embassy asking to be allowed back on “humanitarian grounds”.

In an email to officials, dole scrounger Bakri pleaded: “The current situation in Beirut left me without any choice but to appeal to you to grant me a visit visa to see my children for one month.”

But his bid to sneak on one of our ships was blocked at harbour gates by sharp-eyed officials.

Bakri, 46, left his family in Edmonton, North London, last August and went to Lebanon after a Sun campaign to kick him out.

Charles Clarke, then Home Secretary, banned him from returning here.

The mad mullah, who hailed terrorists as “magnificent” martyrs, bought a £150,000 bolthole in the exclusive Doha district of Beirut.

In March he boasted: “When I left England I bought a one-way ticket out. I never want to see the place again.”

But cowardly Bakri changed his tune as soon as bombs started dropping.

He contacted the British embassy asking to be allowed back to see the six children he deserted. Bakri said last night: “What concerns me is my safety. I’d be happy with a month’s visa but this morning they told me I couldn’t because I’m not a British citizen any more.”

Shadow Immigration Minister Damian Green said last night: “This man has a cheek trying to come back to Britain after what he did here.”

A diplomat said: “He hasn’t spoken to any of our people. But he may have been turned away by security guards patrolling the port entrance.”

Anjem Choudary, Bakri’s right-hand man, said last night: “He plans to write to the British authorities and see if they will give him a visa for a passage out.”

Syrian Bakri can’t return there because he faces 20 years’ jail over a coup bid.

Over 20 years in the UK, Bakri sponged £300,000 in benefits. He preached violence and praised the 9/11 al-Qaeda terrorists as the Magnificent 19.

Bakri, dubbed the Tottenham Ayatollah, was a member of al-Muhajiroun, which he left to form al-Ghuraba.

Both have since been outlawed.

--------------

150 grand for house in Beirut?

Well he fecked up didnt he, what he should have said was not letting him back in would infringe his human rights! Instant permanent citizenship!

Mailman

Comment

Keep the idiot out......... even better I hope a bomb lands on his head the piece of crap.

Comment

Blowing him to bits would infringe his human rights.

Surely he can give Cherie Blair a call and claim asylum?

Only "fair"

Comment

If a bomb landed on his head he would have no legal rights, in fact he would be mince meat.

It just shows and demonstrates that when crap like this exist in the UK they talk tulip but when the tulip is around them and there not preaching tulip and living of the UK they think I am in tulip ! serves the Ba***rd right..... as an American I hope this piece of tulip meets his maker, let the tulip hit the fan and smoke.

As I am sure alot of you other people do also.........

Comment

Originally posted by Defamator
            If a bomb landed on his head he would have no legal rights, in fact he would be mince meat.

It just shows and demonstrates that when crap like this exist in the UK they talk tulip but when the tulip is around them and there not preaching tulip and living of the UK they think I am in tulip ! serves the Ba***rd right..... as an American I hope this piece of tulip meets his maker, let the tulip hit the fan and smoke.

As I am sure alot of you other people do also.........
            Learn to speak English, boy. And go to your anger management classes more regularly.
            Last edited by sasguru; 21 July 2006, 15:19.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I nearly PMSL when I heard this on the news last night.

You can't have your cake and eat it.
              Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

LOL....

SasGuru - your a TWAT and always a TWAT.

What part of the Middle East do you come from ?

Idiot........

Comment

...as an American...
                  </sigh> How did I guess?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

LOL....

SasGuru - your a TWAT and always a TWAT.

What part of the Middle East do you come from ?

Idiot........
                    you're
                    will always be a twat

HTH
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X