• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT and Working for a Woman

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT and Working for a Woman

I Really don't believe Women are inferior in any way or form but is it not the case that working for a female in IT is a hell of a lot more difficult than working for a male? This might be due to the make-up of those working in IT (mainly male of a certain type) but my current experiences of it are not good!

Has anybody else had the same issues and understand what the reasons are for it?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I Really don't believe Women are inferior in any way or form but is it not the case that working for a female in IT is a hell of a lot more difficult than working for a male? This might be due to the make-up of those working in IT (mainly male of a certain type) but my current experiences of it are not good!

Has anybody else had the same issues and understand what the reasons are for it?
    I work for a woman and it's fine.

You probably have deep insecurities about your masculinity and / or sexuality. Have a think about it and maybe get a self-help book or even invest in some therapy.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Is it working for a woman, or working for this particular person regardless of gender?

People who've worked for me all think I'm fantastic.

Comment

Every useless project manager or team lead I've had as a client contact has been male.

Every female project manager or team lead I've worked with has been good.

The best PM I've worked with in recent years was female, and had more balls than pretty much everyone else on the project.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Is it working for a woman, or working for this particular person regardless of gender?

People who've worked for me all think I'm fantastic.
          Actually I probably have the best relationship with her out of everybody - but that's just because I am great to work with(!)

Contrary to some opinion, my work relationships are all pretty good because I adopt various principles into the way I work which always seem to work.

The issue here is how difficult it is proving to work rather than the dynamics....

Comment

For my sins I have never worked for a woman, well not directly, I once had a female IS Director who's only notable contribution was to ask that the unread marks in Lotus Notes to changed to a more neutral color than Red.

PS love the tag cloud
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I don't work for anybody. I thought this was a contractor site?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I've had good, bad and awful PM's/Clients. Some of them have been men, some women, and one I am still unsure of.

Ineptitude doesn't have gender.

Previous one was awful, happened to be a woman. She was replaced by a woman, who is excellent.

I think, possibly, the issue is you.

Comment

My big gripe with working with women, is they spend all day trying to get me into bed with them, which can be distracting at times.

Comment

Depends. If said woman is a career gal, then they can be dangerous. They tend to have insecurities about being female and have a tendency to overcompensate.

Also being an oogly fooker I've found female managers warming to the non oogly fookers and overlooking me and my opinions.

This does not happen with a bloke.

OTOH, if you are working for a career guy, it can be equally disturbing but for different reasons. Blokes tend to do the mind games bit a bit better than the gals.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X