• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie politics has landed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie politics has landed

It was a good run. Now Sox has reared it's ugly head. People are building kingdoms & my winning charming ways are failing to get past people who are now blocking and playing politics.

I've never really understood why some people are so insecure they have to stop others doing their jobs.

5 months to go and counting the days.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It was a good run. Now Sox has reared it's ugly head. People are building kingdoms & my winning charming ways are failing to get past people who are now blocking and playing politics.

I've never really understood why some people are so insecure they have to stop others doing their jobs.

MarillionFaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

<canned laughter>
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I take it you mean SoX as in compliance? Mate I hate to tell you this but if you are playing loose and fast with anything that that law encompasses you are letting yourself in for a long stay in a federal jail being bubba's bitch. Seriously you have 5 months to go. Wind your neck in and understand that process fully and use it to your advantage. When people ask you why X isn't done hand them the Oh but Sox says no line and let them cross it for you... Sox = 7 years of corporate mail all vaulted and sealed for auditors to comb through at their lesure if they think that one hair is out of place.

Comment

The joy of SoX
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          The joy of SoX
          I remember that book.
          Didn't they both have beards?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            I take it you mean SoX as in compliance? Mate I hate to tell you this but if you are playing loose and fast with anything that that law encompasses you are letting yourself in for a long stay in a federal jail being bubba's bitch. Seriously you have 5 months to go. Wind your neck in and understand that process fully and use it to your advantage. When people ask you why X isn't done hand them the Oh but Sox says no line and let them cross it for you... Sox = 7 years of corporate mail all vaulted and sealed for auditors to comb through at their lesure if they think that one hair is out of place.
            Yep, it's boring as hell, probably counterproductive and a pain in the arse but you can invoice for it. Or get out and find something more interesting to do with the one life you have.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Yep, it's boring as hell, probably counterproductive and a pain in the arse but you can invoice for it. Or get out and find something more interesting to do with the one life you have.
              Oh no he can't

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                You forgot option three which is run round like a maniac trying to get everyone to bypass the process, leaving emails everywhere as evidence of the crime.

I hate process as much as the next man but I am in no way interested in being caught subverting US law in a US company. Thats plain dangerous.

Comment

How does Sox just crop up?

Surely when building systems in the US it's one of the first considerations after sending the intern out for doughnuts??

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    How does Sox just crop up?

Surely when building systems in the US it's one of the first considerations after sending the intern out for doughnuts??
                    It's to do with the maturity of the company. As the company gets bigger and especially after they float the auditors start turning up in droves more and more. Next thing the system Im building is no longer my system and I have my access rights removed. Next in pulled up for Sox compliance breaches, accused of gross negligence and misuse and threatened with jail time for using the wrong login in the system I've just designed. Tossers.

I told them to fook off. Taken the day off now instead.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X