PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Autorip

Pondlife
27th June 2013, 09:16
Amazon has added the mp3 versions of CDs you've bought over the years to your account for free, which is nice.

Now I can put all the Cliff Richard & Michael Buble I've bought for my Mum over the years on my phone. :suicide:

d000hg
27th June 2013, 09:18
I knew they'd made all your MP3 purchases available for streaming/download but this is a new one on me. Are they going to do this as a general rule now? Often a physical CD is half the cost of the MP3 version so this seems a bit crazy!

Pondlife
27th June 2013, 09:20
I knew they'd made all your MP3 purchases available for streaming/download but this is a new one on me. Are they going to do this as a general rule now? Often a physical CD is half the cost of the MP3 version so this seems a bit crazy!

Could be a cunning way to get you to sign up for additional storage or premium subscription services.

OwlHoot
27th June 2013, 09:27
Now I can put all the Cliff Richard & Michael Buble I've bought for my Mum over the years on my phone. :suicide:

Ditto for my exhaustive collection of Joe Dassin CDs :suicide:

Spacecadet
27th June 2013, 09:31
Amazon has added the mp3 versions of CDs you've bought over the years to your account for free, which is nice.

They aren't all there, in fact Amazon has only added the mainstream stuff.
All the rare and import CDs I bought over the years haven't been added

TheFaQQer
27th June 2013, 09:34

Yeah. For your mum, honest.