• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ladies, handbags and sunglasses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies, handbags and sunglasses

Okay, what is it with (younger) women now carrying their handbags in the crook of their arm? Sometimes with the addition of the mobile phone in the outstretched hand. I tried it and my arm was knackered after about a minute, it looks bloody stupid especially when you see a gaggle of girls all walking towards you like it.

Next, what is it with sunglasses on the top of the head, regardless of the weather, time of day or where you are? I've seen women sitting at their desks at work with the bloody things on, in pubs and restaurants during the evening, in pissing down rain. It looks stupid and definitely does not make you look like Jackie Onassis. Don't do it...(Oh and those hugely oversized sunglasses, no!)

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Sunglasses = hairband. I only know one person who does this, and he's a bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Sunglasses = hairband. I only know one person who does this, and he's a bloke.

Me too. Holds me comb over in place on a windy day.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Me too. Holds me comb over in place on a windy day.

Would Mitch?

Comment

Wayhey - just noticed the elastic waisted jeans on lady #1 - my fashion time has come!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Would Mitch?
            No, I prefer milfs.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Wayhey - just noticed the elastic waisted jeans on lady #1 - my fashion time has come!
              Are we spreading a little in the middle?
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no and NO! Never!
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The only reasons to have a handbag in the crook of your arm are:
                  1. The strap is too short to put it over your shoulder, or,
                  2. The bag is too big and heavy to put it over your shoulder

And if you hold it in your hand you have one less hand free so you can't text so damaging your elbow joint is the best option.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no and NO! Never!
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X