• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HSBC Business Banking - £5.50 per month!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC Business Banking - £5.50 per month!

Anyone else had the letter? HSBC are going to start charging me £5.50 per month for my business account!

I'm moving to Lloyds TSB who charge £5.00 per month, a saving of 50p.
    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    Anyone else had the letter? HSBC are going to start charging me £5.50 per month for my business account!
    Banks need to earn money to - be grateful you are not paying %-tage on your billings as it happens with merchant accounts.

How much would it cost you if you had to pay 3% on your monthly rate? More than £5.50 I hope.

I'm moving to Lloyds TSB who charge £5.00 per month, a saving of 50p.
    It's about to be broken up into Lloyds and TSB parts, a perfect time to review charges...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Banks need to earn money to - be grateful you are not paying %-tage on your billings as it happens with merchant accounts.
      Of course they do:
      HSBC profits almost double in the first three months of the year | Business | guardian.co.uk

I see your point about their break up though. I thought they'd be best choice as I bank with them personally (although i'm not sure that's a good thing - do I show my support to them or am I placing all of my eggs in one basket?)

Comment

They've made 5.4 bln profit in a company with 260k employees.

Profit per employee is therefore around £21k.

Is your company more profitable than the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          They've made 5.4 bln profit in a company with 260k employees.

Profit per employee is therefore around £21k.

Is your company more profitable than the bank?
          Profit is after all expenses have been paid, isn't it?

In which case my ltd co is slightly behind HSBC

Comment

What's the name of the account you have with HSBC?

Edit: It's ok if you have the Business Current Account small business tarriff you get charged.

If you have the Business Direct Account then there is no charge.

There is no charge for their Business Direct Account as they expect you to do most thing online or through telephone banking.
            Last edited by SueEllen; 27 June 2013, 19:50.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In which case my ltd co is slightly behind HSBC
              In which case I perfectly I understand your desire to save 50 pence a month.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                What's the name of the account you have with HSBC?

Edit: It's ok if you have teh Business Current Account small business tarriff you get charged.

If you have the Business Direct Account then there is no charge.

There is no charge for they Business Direct Account as they expect you to do most thing online or through telephone banking.
                Business Direct (to be renamed to Electronic Banking Tariff)

Comment

Deutsche bank charges me every quarter, €25-30 or there abouts - peanuts.

On the plus side, nearly on my business is done at a local branch 10 minutes walk away. The branch staff know me by name, there's a couch & telly with coffee served if I'm kept waiting.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Business Direct (to be renamed to Electronic Banking Tariff)
                    If you are happy to go online then may as well be with Cater Allen.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X