• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You gotta larf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gotta larf

Since I got here I've had to wince at ClientCos in house management style. The casual manner in which code is bunny hopped across streams, the yee-haw approach to spinning up environments etc.

I have had nothing but the uttermost bugger-bollockery-awful time with their environments. Every time I raise it as an issue, the same response, "Well it works for us, it must be something you're doing"

So now we are nearing code complete date it's all hands to the tiller. Guess what?

Configuration management cluster****. Version control mess. And to cap it all the environments are playing up.

But not for me.

So you know what I said? "It works ok for me, it must me something you're doing".

Gangnam style.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Configuration management cluster****. Version control mess. And to cap it all the environments are playing up.

But not for me.

So you know what I said? "It works ok for me, it must me something you're doing".
    You're probably using an old environment
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Chances of a renewal for you?

Zero.

Comment

The collapse has started.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well it works for them so it must be something you're doing.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I love watching clients go to that magical place where unicorns skip

Comment

Good stuff Suity ! It pays to be one step in front of the clientco bunnies. Well played sir.

Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Chances of a renewal for you?

Zero.
                Already been renewed

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Already been renewed
                  183 days?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Good stuff Suity ! It pays to be one step in front of the clientco bunnies. Well played sir.

Not sure if you are being serious. I have offered on numerous occasions my advice. It falls on deaf unreluctant ears. So, their problem.

For the first time in my contracting life, I've been able to take it in my stride, and keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                    X