• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Open Sesame

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Sesame

Academic publishing: Open sesame | The Economist

Sounds eminently reasonable to me. If we paid for it, we should have access, and the free flow of knowledge can only be a good thing.

OTOH is more accessability going to be a license for idiots to misinterpret anything and everything causing widespread outrage and panic?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

khanacademy

Listening to a podcast on the subject the other day, gets my support.

Laterally, thinking about knowledge sharing, have you had a look at Khan academy? If only it were available in my school years! Find myself getting suckered into the lectures to easily.

Partial derivatives, gradient, divergence, curl | Calculus | Khan Academy
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X