• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK who was it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK who was it?

'I've lost my trousers! These carol singers are criminally bad!': Time-wasting 999 callers are warned they could face action | Mail Online
    this one caught my eye:
    Caller disliked by his neighbour because he used to jump up and down on a trampoline in a dress.
    surprised they didn't lock the neighbour up for hate crime?

Would have thought the following were actually things the Police should deal with?

There is a couple with a big brown dog that is running around. It has not been aggressive towards anyone but caller is concerned as to the size of the dog. He has spoken to the couple about the dog but they have not done anything.

Caller wanting to report some youths being a nuisance. They have been coming on the street singing Christmas carols but they can’t sing and it seems they are just trying to get some money.

The neighbours next door are making love very loudly with the windows open. This has been going on for some time. Caller very distressed.

Caller reporting four or five youths aged five to 11 on the street and they have thrown a stone at her window and smashed it. On inspection of said window it transpires there is no damage just a mud mark which has wiped off.
    even if it is to direct them to the Dog warden, noise abatement team. The throwing stones could be seen as criminal damage?

or am I being silly?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    'I've lost my trousers! These carol singers are criminally bad!': Time-wasting 999 callers are warned they could face action | Mail Online
    this one caught my eye:

surprised they didn't lock the neighbour up for hate crime?

Would have thought the following were actually things the Police should deal with?

even if it is to direct them to the Dog warden, noise abatement team. The throwing stones could be seen as criminal damage?

or am I being silly?
    not silly at all, it seems the 999 goalposts have been moved, unless you've been murdered they aren't really interested.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
    X