• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

any rocket scientists out there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any rocket scientists out there?

http://hackaday.com/2013/06/28/send-...-moon-for-300/

We’ve seen Kickstarter campaigns to put a single satellite into space and one to launch your own personalized postage-stamp sized satellite into low Earth orbit. This time, though, you can break the bonds of Earth and send your own Arduino compatible satellite on a collision course with the moon. The project is called Pocket Spacecraft, and exactly as its name implies, it allows you to send a small, flat, 8 cm diameter spacecraft to the surface of the moon.

Send a satellite into space for $300

There’s a new Kickstarter campaign that promises to launch a personalized satellite into orbit for 300 bones.

The KickSat project is headed by [Zac Manchester], [Mason Peck], [Justin Atchison] and a few more contributors hailing from Cornell University. Their goal is to launch a CubeSat filled with hundreds of postage stamp-sized satellites and release these ‘Sprites’ into low Earth orbit.
    Last edited by vetran; 28 June 2013, 21:51.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Yep, bona fide ex rockest scientist.

What was the question again?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Yep, bona fide ex rockest scientist.

What was the question again?

Comment

now I hava a vision of a tefal head Scot.

It was more of a how cool is that post.

Comment

How's about this then?

"Are you a member of a club, society, or group of friends who would like to deploy a fleet of Sprites into space together from KickSat? You can have your group's logo on all the Sprites in your fleet (souvenirs and flight units) and we'll list your names together with your logo on the backers page of our website."

CUK in space?

Linky
          Me, me, me...

Comment

C'mon how hard can it be, it's not exactly rocket science
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

We’ve seen Kickstarter campaigns to put a single satellite into space and one to launch your own personalized postage-stamp sized satellite into low Earth orbit ...
              Isn't there enough debris floating about in Earth orbit already, without adding to it?

Or would the orbit be planned to degrade rapidly so the satellite re-enters the atmosphere in a month or two?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The moon one is still open, CUK on Lunar soil?

CUK - Loons on the Moon

Like it, Admin what do you think?

Send your own Pocket Spacecraft on a Mission to the Moon! by Pocket Spacecraft — Kickstarter

Comment

Working...
                X