• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mayor of Liverpool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayor of Liverpool

In the following story in, yep you guessed, the Mail the Mayor of Liverpool says the following:

'It’s hard to believe that so-called human beings can stoop to this sort of level. Thankfully the little girl doesn’t seem to have understood what was going on, but these would not have known that, they wouldn’t have given a toss.
    Does he know the meaning of the word 'toss'? Is this:

(a) a Scouse slang word that has another meaning
    (b) further proof of the dumbing down of politicians
    (c) who gives a wank
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I'm a bit worried about where this is all going. As much as I loathe the far right, the NF and BNP especially, you can't simply ban them from talking, regardless how vile their words, and sometimes deeds, are.

I remember them Christians being given a very hard time of it, for not allowing homosexuals to sleep together, being prosecuted for it; surely, if a club, such as this cricket club, ban the NF from using it, then this too can be challenged in court.

As much as I hate them, they have just as much right to a voice as we do.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      I'm a bit worried about where this is all going. As much as I loathe the far right, the NF and BNP especially, you can't simply ban them from talking, regardless how vile their words, and sometimes deeds, are.

I remember them Christians being given a very hard time of it, for not allowing homosexuals to sleep together, being prosecuted for it; surely, if a club, such as this cricket club, ban the NF from using it, then this too can be challenged in court.

As much as I hate them, they have just as much right to a voice as we do.
      Quite right. the only real way to get rid of them is for the man in the street to oppose them and protest against them. This was a problem many years ago and the public did protest, I remember going on marches and to Rock against Racism gigs, which pushed them back but in recent years they've been growing in strength to the point where they're starting to get a public voice, quite worrying.

I think the cricket club could quite easily ban them with no repercussions (apart from maybe a petrol bombing!) as there are probably some laws or such (i.e. incitement) which would back them up.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Quite right. the only real way to get rid of them is for the man in the street to oppose them and protest against them. This was a problem many years ago and the public did protest, I remember going on marches and to Rock against Racism gigs, which pushed them back but in recent years they've been growing in strength to the point where they're starting to get a public voice, quite worrying.

I think the cricket club could quite easily ban them with no repercussions (apart from maybe a petrol bombing!) as there are probably some laws or such (i.e. incitement) which would back them up.
        I think the BNP are a legitimate corporation, and in that regard, it would be extremely hard to ban then. You cannot, as a business, discriminate. We know that from the Christian BnB trial.

You're right about the marches, Rock against Racism, etc. These folk will only get stronger, if you don't let them talk, for when they talk, they quickly expose themselves for what they actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          I think the BNP are a legitimate corporation, and in that regard, it would be extremely hard to ban then. You cannot, as a business, discriminate. We know that from the Christian BnB trial.

You're right about the marches, Rock against Racism, etc. These folk will only get stronger, if you don't let them talk, for when they talk, they quickly expose themselves for what they actually are.
          except of course a Police officer can't join the BNP but can join the Black Police officer organisation (can't remember exact name but key point membership is restricted by Race unlike the BNP). Seems Ironic.

Only two ways of getting rid of BNP (need to do both) prosecute leadership for any offences and remove most of the objections to multiculturism that the average citizen has.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Only two ways of getting rid of BNP (need to do both) prosecute leadership for any offences and remove most of the objections to multiculturism that the average citizen has.
            Most objections to multiculturalism people have seem also to be objections to globalisation, capitalism, and their own fecklessness, so I'm not sure how possible it would be to overcome them.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X